Shellona No Response?

Cruise-y

It doesn't look like there's a lot of activity/responses on this port locale.  It must not be visited that much.  If anyone who has been here can respond, I'd surely appreciate it.  

I've tried to make a reservation at Shellona (a restaurant on Shell beach) and get very limited/non responses.  I understand that it is the only beach restaurant within walking distance of the port, so is probably booked, but I'm about to give up.  They don't answer emails or respond to the "reservation" part of their website.  

I've also seen that it is very hard (and expensive) to rent a taxi to get to other places on the island.

Thus, I've also tried to rent an electric car to drive elsewhere.  Hopefully that will be a bit more successful. Our ship is in port until 11:00 pm so they must assume their clients will want to eat dinner ashore.  

Any guidance, advice? Restaurant recommendations?  THANKS MUCH

I have had a similar experience attempting to book lunch at Shellona, which I understand is a popular spot on Shell Beach as it is the only restaurant on the beach within easy walking distance to Gustavia. Meanwhile, I reached out to Nikki Beach in St Jean over the summer and received a reply that reservations for the 2019 winter season open up on October 25th. 

My guess is that Shellona may be closed for the off season. Many establishments on small Caribbean islands close between July/August and late autumn so owners and staff can get a break when tourism is less busy. Then again, it's also entirely possible that their reservation system is less than ideal. LOL!

Whatever you choose to do, enjoy! I see you'll be sailing on the Crystal Symphony. We will be in St Barts via the Crystal Serenity in December. Wishing you a wonderful journey! 

• Thanks 1