Cruise related gifts for kids

Monica887

We are sailing on Carnival Glory for Christmas week, which is also Chanukah all week. We have cruised a lot but not much on Carnival. I'm hoping to give the kids a small gift each night that is cruise related (something I don't need to shop for, wrap, and lug all the way to the trip and home).

Any idea what would be good on the Glory for a 6 and 9 year old? Something like an arcade card or specialty ice cream shop trip. I'm not familiar with the ship or what extras like that are available. 

There is a Seuss at Sea Breakfast you can sign them up for. It’s like $5 

There will also be a build a build a bear workshop you could treat them to. 

Time in the arcade is a great idea! 

You can have gifts from the online Bon voyage Shop sent to your room also. Or theirs! 

You must order before your cruise. 

Check for the shop on carnival.com. 

The onboard Cherry on Top Shop will have many things you could get them besides candy.

Towels, tops, toys, etc...

The onboard Carnival Shop will have things to buy also. 

The ports all have many things you could surprise them with. 

What a kind grandma you are!  Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by silvercrikhix

Thanks! What's the best way to purchase? Are there gift card type things I can buy in advance? Buy on day 1 one the ship? Or does it all just get charged to the ship card and I should make my own mock gift certs in advance? 

(And I've got another 20 or 30 years before I'm grandma - I'm still just the mom 🙂 )

We got my niece a bunch of smallish things from the carnival online gift "fun shop"! They were kind of expensive but we figured it was a price we were willing to pay considering it's for her birthday and we don't have to drag the stuff with us to get there. We've noticed the offerings change I guess as things come into or out of stock so it's worth it to check relatively often in case they put up something you'd like.

We got my niece a stuffed animal, a mermaid towel, a mermaid water bottle, a mermaid like drawstring bag (all separately so we could give them each a different day like a build up), a build-a-bear "cruise cash" (though we have no idea how this actually works yet), and we plan to *hopefully * get into the Dr Seuss Breakfast. They had the same mermaid items also in a shark design and they also had just carnival "little cruisers" themed items as well like bear, shirt, backpack, water bottle, etc. They also had dr seuss themed backpack packages with towels, water bottles, books, activity kits, and more. They had beach toys for $10 at one point but I didn't buy them at that moment and now they're gone so I keep checking every now and then. I could've sworn they had arcade "cruise cash" (but it might've just been regular cruise cash) when I was looking but I'm not sure if it comes on a card (or just digital?) specific to a person or the whole cabin. Obviously, this stuff can add up but I got my niece's presents when there was a sale so you can get def get a portion off the usual price if you keep an eye on your emails for a carnival fun shop sale. Most importantly, you can choose to have each item delivered on a different day and time which is really beneficial in general but especially for you so you don't even have to think about it and you'd know which presents will be delivered on each day you chose!

Edited by CarnivalCruiser32