First time Costa Cruiser questions

Phill.Hurst

We are booked in Dec 2019 into a Suite on Fortuna from Singapore. New to Costa but our 18th Cruise in the last 10 years.

I have a few questions:

We have the intendore package
I believe this includes the Mini Bar? What is actually in the mini bar? If we use it they just keep refilling it?
It includes drinks to room. Does this mean I can get barista coffee delivered each morning?

I have 100 Carnival Shares.
What do I need to supply to them? Can I email paperwork? I think curreny on board is Euro so I get 75Euro? How long before cruise do they need the Paperwork?

Thanks to anyone that replies.

For Carnival shareholders benefit you need to send them fax with data of your cruise (booking number, name, ship, duration of the cruise etc.) and proof that you are shareholder. They accept only faxes. I do it usually few weeks before cruise. Value of OBC depends on duration of the cruise. You will find more info here: https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit/

With the Intenditore package you can use the mini-bar in the Suite, again up to 9 euros, they will re-stock it only with items you request & that is on the menu in the cabin. There is a re-order form or just tell the Butler.

Water will be supplied in bottles for your use.

The same applies in the Club dining room you can order any drink/wine up to the same amount, if you purchase a full bottle you will get 50% off, unless they change that before your cruise. Pillow menu and contact details for your Butler & other various perks are listed in Suite. There is a coffee machine ( Ille) in the suite but it is chargeable, several coffees are available with breakfast not sure which, as we drink tea If you like several cups in the morning ask for two normally comes in a large pot.

Edited by tenpin

2 hours ago, tenpin said:

There is a coffee machine ( Ille) in the suite but it is chargeable, several coffees are available with breakfast not sure which, as we drink tea If you like several cups in the morning ask for two normally comes in a large pot.

We weren't charged on our cruise (September) for the Illy coffee in our suite.

That is good to hear Jasper we only used it once in February & they charged 1.45 E. But there was indeed A lots of complaints about that charge even while we were on board.

So perhaps they have again changed the rules this time for the benefit of their customers.

May have something to do with some posts on C.C. when it was suggested that taking your own capsules 

2 hours ago, tenpin said:

That is good to hear Jasper we only used it once in February & they charged 1.45 E. But there was indeed A lots of complaints about that charge even while we were on board.

So perhaps they have again changed the rules this time for the benefit of their customers.

May have something to do with some posts on C.C. when it was suggested that taking your own capsules 

That’s crazy in my opinion, offer a free minibar and roomservice but charge for a coffeepad?

I too would have complained if that would have been the case :)

The charge was brought in from the very first day they started putting the machines in suites, lots of guests were caught out using them, which did lead to many arguments at reception.

After 20 years with Costa , nothing can surprise now with anything they change at short notice.

Even the so-called mini-bar has been reduced, due to passengers taking all the miniatures home with them, spoiling it for all of us again.  

Edited by tenpin