shopping....cozumel, progresso, belize

mpffls

Will also post this on the ports of call...... but am looking for best shoping...gold, silver and watches......have been to cozumel and know the shopping for these is ok....am thinking that of the 3 ports cozumel has the best...

need to plan which ports to shop....which to fish and which to enjoy the local beauty!!!!

can't wait 123 days..........

trish

puppy_tea_e0.gif

countdown.cqi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prqb=ff0000cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

till our ELATION and Margaret's 21

I just happen to have the port guides for those ports icon_wink.gif (If it is paper and they handed it out I have a copy. icon_biggrin.gif )

Actually I think I have Belize and Cozumel since there was not one recommended store in Progreso. In a nut shell though, the best selection of stores was in Cozumel. We just bought a few small things (key chains, ball caps and t-shirts) and found the price to be higher in Belize then Cozumel and we really did not like any of the shops in Progreso (more like a flea market). Just what our opinion of the ports were and others may (yeah, MAY icon_wink.gif ) have different ones. If you want I can try to scan the port guides and post them later on.

Jim...

Adventure of the Seas - Thanksgiving Cruise 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;11;21;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Elation - Easter Cruise 2004

RCI Explorer of the Seas - Feb 2003

Carnival Inspiration - Feb 2002

NCL Seaward (AKA Norwegian Sea) - June 1992

USS Dale (CG-19) - 1990

USS Coontz (DDG-40) - 1988

thanx jim....you are just a wealth of info....

I figured that cozumel would be the best for shopping....and I know some of what is there... we were there on the celebration 8/02....

no need to copy the shopping stuff .... just for me....

thanx for the info....looks like we might fish in Progresso and shop in cozumel....

are we there yet.........

trish

puppy_tea_e0.gif

countdown.cqi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prqb=ff0000cdt=2004;8;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

till our ELATION and Margaret's 21

I loved Progresso for shopping but it depends on what you are shopping for. I got hammocks for $15 and Sarongs for $5.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

but by the moments that take our breath away.

There is absolutely no comparison here. Cozumel wins in the shopping arena hands down. Great selection on a wide variety of items. Belize is a great place to snorkle, but has almost no shopping. Some of the stores in Progresso import some items from Cozumel and Cancun.....We bought a toy for my daughter there that says "Cozumel, Mexico" painted on it!!!!!! Not that she cared.... icon_wink.gif

darla.gif

Sea___related_Party_in_canoe_prv.gif

Proud member O.A.T.C.

Fantasy 4/94

Sensation 3/99

Fascination 12/99

Imagination 6/2001

Glory 8/2003

Victory 11/2003

New Year's Ecstasy 12/29/03

Triumph 3/2004

We like the onyx items in Cozumel. We buy the animals for kids in our families, which they have all loved collecting. And the onyx fruit is really unique. I get many compliments on that in my home--have it in a huge glass bowl in the dining room and buy a few pieces every time we go to add to. But I suggest you take a backback for carrying back the onyx--gets heavy!! A friend found a tile vanity sink (the size of a big bowl) in Cozumel and it looks great in their small guest bathroom. We are in the process of a few remodels so I would love to find one of those this trip (going in Sept. on the Conquest). Anyone see anything like that?

Archived