Royal and Autism of the Seas

Good day....

We are booked on the Navigator of the Seas for New Year’s Eve period....

I tried posting on the RC but there is not too much activity..... this is an Autism of the Seas sail....I noticed on the AoTS page that Royal Caribbean hosts several of their cruise assisted sails.

Just wondering if anybody can share a similar experience.

Thanks 

Aj

Good afternoon,

My apologies if my question was not clear.... it is my second cruise with Royal.... my daughter 16 is on the spectrum and I didn’t know this was an Autism able cruise until after we booked .... We booked for the NY eve reason which is also the reason we booked the Legend over 10 years ago..... my child loved it! 

I was simply trying to get a feed back from other cruisers who sailed while AoTS was providing services because we are booked directly with Royal and in my experience with NCL .... we were able to get basically all the services listed by AoTS .... my child attended the kids club... we had seats reserved at the shows .... had personal embarkation without the lines and separate drill, I received an email which I needed to print to bring to the port for that personal embarkation.

Its  been over 10 years I sailed with Royal..... don’t know how their services are.... just wondering if I had to be booked with AoTS to receive what I did with NCL.

Thanks

Aj

PS: Don’t know what happened with the signature .... I used to have an image with a boat with the Autism puzzle colours 😞 

D395B15F-B268-469A-88E2-64AF975CA1A2.jpeg

I got the impression that staff at the Kids Club are not just well trained but are also willing to work with special needs kids. They also give out beepers to parents who may need to be called back if there are any issues that staff may need extra assistance from parents. This is age and needs based.

Our beeper never went off during our entire cruise. Our kids were eager to return to the kids club whenever they had extra time to spare.

If it is Autism on the Seas it is a charter/group and I would guess as you were not booked with them you wouldn't be able to join in, but you could ask. I don't know if I can post a link here to the group/company but just use Google and they will come up. If you have questions on services Royal can/will provide you can always email the Special Needs Department or fill out their form: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

When we have been on a ship with this group we didn't notice any changes in the daily routine. Our kids didn't comment on the kids clubs being any different.

Have a great time!

Edited by WisconsinFan

Thank you for the kind replies ..... if anything I didn’t want to “cut in line “ at the AoTS.... we have been in many cruises from the Caribbean to Rusia and Alaska...with NCL and other lines.... not a complaint with any.... always felt welcome and passengers show empathy and kindness.

As I said before .... just wanted to get a feel of the Royal take on different abilities while AoTS was providing services.

Winscosinfan.... Thanks for the link.... already filled the form for SN as we are in an Accessible balcony.

It is important for me to respect the procedures of others specially with different abilities.

Thanks again

Aj

2 hours ago, WisconsinFan said:

When we have been on a ship with this group we didn't notice any changes in the daily routine.

Same here.

I don't think you'd be able to join in with the group at all, since you didn't book with them and pay extra for their services.

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2019 at 10:16 AM, Ajkcruiser said:

Good day....

We are booked on the Navigator of the Seas for New Year’s Eve period....

I tried posting on the RC but there is not too much activity..... this is an Autism of the Seas sail....I noticed on the AoTS page that Royal Caribbean hosts several of their cruise assisted sails.

Just wondering if anybody can share a similar experience.

Thanks 

Aj

Did you end up trying to contact AonTS? Try booking@AutismontheSeas.com