Recent drone use?

Petedrummond7

We booked the Segway tour through Carnival for our cruise in November.   

I was hoping to fly my drone (DJI Spark) to get some basic beach footage and some high Aerial footage of the area for use in our family videos after the tour.  (Recreational use only)

I’ve read that the drone laws are similar to the US  so I’m wondering if anyone has an recently drone experience in Costa Maya or Mexico in general.  

What is the Security  process when getting off and on the ship (besides the regular Carnival process)   

Thanks in advance. 

I haven't seen any drone  footage in CM. Might be there, might not be.

Do read the Carnival prohibited items section of your cruise documents.  And don't  use on the ship. 

There are policemen in the port area. But no one checks bags or back packs.

Not familiar with drone regs in Mexico,  but watch the weight of the drone.

Don't fly in port. Do bear in mind there is a military installation by the Lighthouse at the beginning of the malecon., which is the route used by Segways tours. And there may be small military vessels at the main pier in Mahahual. 

Finally, as the excursion provider. They will or should know. 

8 hours ago, Petedrummond7 said:

We booked the Segway tour through Carnival for our cruise in November.   

I was hoping to fly my drone (DJI Spark) to get some basic beach footage and some high Aerial footage of the area for use in our family videos after the tour.  (Recreational use only)

I’ve read that the drone laws are similar to the US  so I’m wondering if anyone has an recently drone experience in Costa Maya or Mexico in general.  

What is the Security  process when getting off and on the ship (besides the regular Carnival process)   

Thanks in advance. 

Don't fly them in National Parks.  Also not Mayan ruins sites. . They do bag checks getting off the ship but what they are looking for is agricultural products. They have sniffer dogs to detect that.  Don't bring food off the ship and they probably won't seach your bag. Obviously ask the Segway operator and follow their directions using the drone. They would not want you to get in trouble as it would mean trouble for them.