Mini Suite or Club Class ?

Tina1967

We are currently booked on the Grand Princess in  Balcony Room have rang Princess and We could upgrade to a Mini Suite for appx £150 each so total £300 for the week or to a Club Class for £350 each so £700 total for the week. Would you upgrade and to which one, never been on Princess cruise before is either one worth it? Thanks 

Edited by Tina1967

7 minutes ago, Tina1967 said:

We are currently booked on the Grand Princess in  Balcony Room have rang Princess and We could upgrade to a Mini Suite for appx £150 each so total £300 for the week or to a Club Class for £350 each so £700 total for the week. Would you upgrade and to which one, never been on Princess cruise before is either one worth it? Thanks 

We've had minisuites for the last bunch of years and we really like them. The bed is pretty much the same but there is much more storage area and a larger bathroom as well. We've never used 2 TVs but I can see if you had kids you might. I am not inclined to the club class because it isn't worth it to me for exactly the same size cabin. We happen to like minis in the more forward area on the Marina or Lido decks on the Royal class ships but some folks really like to be near the center of the ship - it's all in what you preference is,

The primary advantage of club class is the dining. You have anytime dining in a  section of one of the main dining rooms. The menu is the same except there is one additional menu item. The service is much improved. Seating is generally at tables for two. Most times you will be promptly seated. Club Class dining is open for breakfast and dinner each evening and lunch on sea days.

Pound wise two people could dine in a specialty restaurant all seven evenings for just over US$400. The difference between a regular mini and club class is around US$500.

I think the upgrade to a regular mini suite for GBP is probably worth it. A mini has a nice sofa area larger bathroom with a tub. There is no sofa seating in a regular balcony cabin, and depending on the ship may only be one chair.

• Like 1