Models of the Ships in Gift Shop??

My sister told me that I 'had' to pick up a model of the ship from gift shop while on board my crusie in March. I must have not seen these on Navigator when I sailed, so can someone explain to me what these are? Do you have to assemble them? How much do they cost, and are there models of other RC ships available, or just the one you are sailing on?

Thanks ! :D

They are little [im assuming] ceramic ship models. They usually run for $20.

If anyone is going on the Jewel OTS and/or the Coral Princess within the next month, would you mind picking up one for me? I will send the money for the ship and the shipping charges before you leave. I forgot to get the Jewel model on my last cruise and my friend broke the coral princess model.

I have one of Explorer, Mariner, and Serenade. And though they may not "match" the ship in the way you would think of a model that you build from box kit would, I think they are quite nice. I don't think I'd leave a ship without one!

And I have only seen models available for the particular ship that you are sailing on not for other ships in the fleet.

We were on the Splendour in December - the models are around 12" long, ceramic models, carry the name of the ship on the little display stand, and the bottom is stamped with details of the ship (lenght, tonnage, date in service, etc.)

Here are links to a couple of pictures of my Splendour models (not great pictures, but you can see what they are):

http://rcgservices.com/pics/splendour/rccl1.jpg

http://rcgservices.com/pics/splendour/rccl2.jpg

The models were, by the way, regularly $20, on sale for $12.50 on my cruise. And yes, only the ship we were on was available.

We were on the Splendour in December - the models are around 12" long, ceramic models, carry the name of the ship on the little display stand, and the bottom is stamped with details of the ship (lenght, tonnage, date in service, etc.)

Here are links to a couple of pictures of my Splendour models (not great pictures, but you can see what they are):

http://rcgservices.com/pics/splendour/rccl1.jpg

http://rcgservices.com/pics/splendour/rccl2.jpg

The models were, by the way, regularly $20, on sale for $12.50 on my cruise. And yes, only the ship we were on was available.

Hey, those DO look pretty neat! I totally regret not getting one on Navigator!! Darnit!! Thanks so much for taking time ot post pics, that helped tremendously. I will get one of Legend while aboard! :o

Yep, I think they're pretty neat! A fun collection to start. I've heard of some people asking their cabin steward to get the captain to autograph the box with signature and date to add to the momento. Don't know how that works out, but a neat idea, too.

So order one... it's only money. :)

Im like you, I would love to have one of the Mariner and the Radiance. But it's only money, that thing in short supply with me.

I did inquire about the cost a long time ago. It is a couple thousand dollars. :(

I did inquire about the cost a long time ago. It is a couple thousand dollars. :(

So I guess the options are to take a cruise next year which will last for a week or buy a model instead which will last forever!!??:confused: Major dilemma!

Archived