Music, Dance, Jazz?

SeaWatcher65

OLD SAN JUAN - ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR MUSIC, DANCE, JAZZ?

Norwegian Cruise ship docking 5:30pm - midnight.  was hoping for bioluminescent bay trip but concerned about doing it on our own and the cruise ship excursion is full at this time.  Looking for a place to get a bite to eat and enjoy some cultural music and dance.  Found Triana Tapas and Flamenco and Carlis Fine Bistro across the street.  Any other recommendations?  Is there a specific area with restaurants that have music and dance?  My son is only 14 so concerned if there are age restrictions for entry.  Thank you. 

http://www.trianatapasyflamenco.com/en And another place across the street https://www.facebook.com/Carlisfinebistro/

Those are the best options and since they are restaurants kids ok but I think kids would like flamenco better.

Senior Frogs is another option but it wasn't busy when I went so not sure how fun it might be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back from our 11/24 cruise.  We went to Triana Tapas and Flamenco -- show started 7:30pm, we called before we cruised to make dinner reservations at 7pm.  The show is 6 nights a week so call ahead to confirm.  Juan Carlos, the Spanish guitarist was incredibly talented and the flamenco dancers beautiful.  Food very good and many choices.  NCL Encore was docked 5:30pm-12.  Before dinner, we walked along Paseo de la Princessa to the end by the water where there is a beautiful water fountain.  After dinner and the show, we walked back to the ship dock only 2 to 3 small blocks) and bought a few things $5 San Juan hats, magnet and tree ornament.  There were a few other items for sale on the street right before the ship dock entrance - necklaces, leather belts and wallets and bags.  Before the 7:30pm show, there was another show that seemed to be a cruise ship excursion.  I saw a ship excursion $79 per person and did not include anything but a sample of Sangria.  NOTE: There is NO CHARGE for the show and you can easily walk to the restaurant.  They asked for $20 minimum per person purchase of food and drinks.  Our total bill was about $120 for 3 people including drinks, several seafood tapas, and tip.  Walked away stuffed.....!   http://www.trianatapasyflamenco.com/en