South Beach Closure Email

gnargnarz

Just received the following email regarding our South Beach Cabana reservation for 12/8 sailing.  I called to see if the South Beach day beds would be available as we were hoping to stay in that area. Rep told me she did not see any emails sent and our cabana reservation was not cancelled.  My CC has not been refunded yet and reservation still shows in my calendar.  Has anyone else received emails or tried calling?

Dear Guest,

We’ve been busy working on re-imagining our South Beach area and while we expected to have it ready, along with Coco Beach Club, for your sailing, we unfortunately encountered a setback due to the damage left behind by Hurricane Dorian. Regrettably, this means we have to cancel your South Beach Cabana reservation. We’ve gone ahead and issued a full refund of the cabana to your original form of payment, which you should see in the next 3 to 5 business days.

You can continue to plan your day on our private destination at our Cruise Planner. And, please know, aside from the cabanas in Chill Island, Thrill Water Park, and Oasis Lagoon, we have many complimentary beach chairs and umbrellas located in Chill Island for you to enjoy.

We’re terribly sorry for any disappointment this may cause, nonetheless we are more than confident you will enjoy your visit to Perfect Day at CocoCay!

Thank you for your understanding. To learn more about Perfect Day at CocoCay, you can visit our website here

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Edited by gnargnarz

I received the same email for my 12/28 sailing. This is upsetting because I reserved this back in April. I also called - twice. The first CSR said that she could still see the reservation and that it hadn't been cancelled. She also connected with the resolutions department who also said they don't see - and haven'e heard - anything regarding cabana cancellations. 

Then I called the "Cruise Planner" number and was also told by them that the reservation is still there and she send me an updated cruise- planner confirmation with the cabana reservation still showing. 

I don't see any pending credits on my card either.

So now, it's wait up to 5 days for the other show to drop and to call again? I honestly don't know, as now there is no way to book anything else since everything is sold out. I'll be pretty bummed if that's the case.

-Lisa

I noticed today our cabana reservation was no longer on our cruise planner. I called and they confirmed it was cancelled and a refund would be issued. Luckily South Beach day beds were still available so we booked that. They assured me the day beds would not be cancelled. We'll see...

3 minutes ago, gnargnarz said:

I noticed today our cabana reservation was no longer on our cruise planner. I called and they confirmed it was cancelled and a refund would be issued. Luckily South Beach day beds were still available so we booked that. They assured me the day beds would not be cancelled. We'll see...

Don't quote me on this but I believe they are moving them temporarily, during the construction.  The beds that is.  

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Our private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, is unlike any in the world and has something for everyone. Lounge in our Oasis Lagoon, the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool, or take the plunge down North America’s tallest waterslide, Daredevil’s Peak! When hunger strikes, indulge in all-you-can-eat tacos and guac at Skipper’s Grill and Chill Grill. Or, swing by Snack Shack, whose array of fresh bites are perfect for those grab & go moments. Need a refreshing beach cocktail? Captain Jack’s is the perfect place to chill with live music and great views. Soar to new heights on Up, Up & Away or just unwind at your leisure. Either way, Perfect Day at CocoCay has you covered! You are going to love it here!

The island is pretty darn epic! Not only are we screaming it from the rooftops, but so are they. Oh, and them too. And, we are still at it! We continue to update areas to make sure they are larger-than-life. During your visit, South Beach will be closed to make way for Coco Beach Club and a reimagined South Beach. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. While we work on these areas, we’ve relocated our fan-favorite features for your enjoyment. Our floating bar will be at the beach just past Oasis Lagoon and our Bungalows and Daybeds have temporarily moved to Chill Island.

To learn more, visit  www.RoyalCaribbean.com/PerfectDayCocoCay, which you can access free of charge while onboard!

We can’t wait to have you onboard. See you soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean

©2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA

It looks like the initial estimate of a December 2019 opening for South Beach and Coco Beach Club is no longer in effect.  The Royal website now shows January 31, 2020 as the opening date for these locations.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-destinations/cococay-bahamas/south-beach

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-destinations/cococay-bahamas/coco-beach-club

30 minutes ago, parothead said:

looking at this map what would be the best Chill island cabanas? What are the little things in the water that look like boat docks just to the north of them? 

When we had a Chill Island cabana earlier this year, you could not pick your cabana - they were assigned in the order that the cabanas were booked.

The little boat docks are for the jet skis.  We could not hear any noise from that area in our cabana.

On 10/31/2019 at 11:08 AM, LESLIEKURZ said:
Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Our private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, is unlike any in the world and has something for everyone. Lounge in our Oasis Lagoon, the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool, or take the plunge down North America’s tallest waterslide, Daredevil’s Peak! When hunger strikes, indulge in all-you-can-eat tacos and guac at Skipper’s Grill and Chill Grill. Or, swing by Snack Shack, whose array of fresh bites are perfect for those grab & go moments. Need a refreshing beach cocktail? Captain Jack’s is the perfect place to chill with live music and great views. Soar to new heights on Up, Up & Away or just unwind at your leisure. Either way, Perfect Day at CocoCay has you covered! You are going to love it here!

The island is pretty darn epic! Not only are we screaming it from the rooftops, but so are they. Oh, and them too. And, we are still at it! We continue to update areas to make sure they are larger-than-life. During your visit, South Beach will be closed to make way for Coco Beach Club and a reimagined South Beach. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. While we work on these areas, we’ve relocated our fan-favorite features for your enjoyment. Our floating bar will be at the beach just past Oasis Lagoon and our Bungalows and Daybeds have temporarily moved to Chill Island.

To learn more, visit  www.RoyalCaribbean.com/PerfectDayCocoCay, which you can access free of charge while onboard!

We can’t wait to have you onboard. See you soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean

©2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA

What is your cruise date? My email looked nothing like this and there was no mention of bungalows. The cruise planner for my sailing also doesn't list daybeds at chill island at all - just cabanas. 

I've called 3x already, looks like another call is in order. 

22 hours ago, ptod said:

When we had a Chill Island cabana earlier this year, you could not pick your cabana - they were assigned in the order that the cabanas were booked.

The little boat docks are for the jet skis.  We could not hear any noise from that area in our cabana.

I booked in Jan for next month. What # did you have and did you like it?

21 hours ago, parothead said:

I booked in Jan for next month. What # did you have and did you like it?

IIRC, we were assigned Chill Island Cabana #7.  I was glad we rented one - we enjoyed the day there.  We would have been happy with any #.

Be aware that there are birds that nest in the big rock wall near #10 & 11.  They can make some noise, but remember they live there - we don't.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

I called today in hopes of learning more about the over water cabanas and was told South Beach wouldn't be open until Jan 31. So then I asked what would happen with our existing South Beach Day Bed reservation for 12-19 and was told that "part of South Beach" would be open for the beds. Honestly, she didn't sound at confident -- sounded more like she was covering and didn't know. Not gonna be happy if they just crowd a bunch of beds together to make up for too many reservations and not enough beach.

724651012_perfectdayatcococaymap(southbeacharea).thumb.PNG.c678a244965af774402c03e4c8c706d9.PNGI emailed RCI for some reassurance and they responded with this map and wrote, "Please find attached the Perfect Day CocoCay map, where I have highlighted the area where beach beds are located (red) and the area currently under construction (green).
Please be assured we do our very best to keep guests comfortable and apart from the ongoing construction and we will always try to ensure our guests have a pleasant experience"