Great Stirrup Cay cabanas questions..

big al

I was in a party of 4 and we opted for the large Villa. I absolutely LOVED it! Never had to leave for anything unless you chose to, which we did because I love sand, water and fun! Later in the day i walked around the villa and found the hammock and thought it would be fun to lay in it... needless to say I woke up an hour later and quite pink!!! So relaxing!! We will be returning to GSC in February and I will definitely be renting again! 

We did a large cabana when we went a couple of years ago. It was directly in front of the beach, but up a hill. The price was a flat fee for all of us, and they allowed us to bring our toddlers without counting them as people, so we were able to have 11 humans assigned to one large cabana. I don't know if this is a typical exception, but they had no issue allowing it, and there was PLENTY of room for all of us. We had the drink package, and drinks were flowing freely. They'd bring round after round of drinks, including virgin options for the kids. We also received a food allowance credit with the caban, and got a couple of seafood platters, I believe. The cabana had a big sectional sofa, several lounge chairs, a hammock, and outdoor shower, and four complementary floaties (my husband went too hard, too fast on the flowing booze, floated out to sea, immediately burned his ginger skin, got sick, and went back to the ship, haha).

The ONLY complaint I would have is that the ramps leading up to the large cabanas are quite steep. We had one person with us who had trouble walking, and once he parked his butt up in the cabana, it wasn't worth it to come back down to wander the island. He was happy enough, but even as an able-bodied person, I limited my trips back and forth from the cabana to the beach.

Short version: Worth the price (the priority tender was AWESOME), was my favourite port out of the six we visited that trip.

Edited by NikkiDee-Canada

13 hours ago, Uhleashyuh said:

I was in a party of 4 and we opted for the large Villa. I absolutely LOVED it! Never had to leave for anything unless you chose to, which we did because I love sand, water and fun! Later in the day i walked around the villa and found the hammock and thought it would be fun to lay in it... needless to say I woke up an hour later and quite pink!!! So relaxing!! We will be returning to GSC in February and I will definitely be renting again! 

Thanks..sounds great!!

4 minutes ago, NikkiDee-Canada said:

We did a large cabana when we went a couple of years ago. It was directly in front of the beach, but up a hill. The price was a flat fee for all of us, and they allowed us to bring our toddlers without counting them as people, so we were able to have 11 humans assigned to one large cabana. I don't know if this is a typical exception, but they had no issue allowing it, and there was PLENTY of room for all of us. We had the drink package, and drinks were flowing freely. They'd bring round after round of drinks, including virgin options for the kids. We also received a food allowance credit with the caban, and got a couple of seafood platters, I believe. The cabana had a big sectional sofa, several lounge chairs, a hammock, and outdoor shower, and four complementary floaties (my husband went too hard, too fast on the flowing booze, floated out to sea, immediately burned his ginger skin, got sick, and went back to the ship, haha).

The ONLY complaint I would have is that the ramps leading up to the large cabanas are quite steep. We had one person with us who had trouble walking, and once he parked his butt up in the cabana, it wasn't worth it to come back down to wander the island. He was happy enough, but even as an able-bodied person, I limited my trips back and forth from the cabana to the beach.

Short version: Worth the price (the priority tender was AWESOME), was my favourite port out of the six we visited that trip.

But a great view of the beach? Thanks...

1 minute ago, Uhleashyuh said:

This was our view from a large cabana!

Wow..great! I can see the steep walkway, though..none of us are disabled, but several have arthritis..may be worth it though, thanks for the great pic!!

SmartSelect_20191105-092829_Instagram.jpg

On 11/3/2019 at 6:39 AM, big al said:

Which cabanas for 6 adults would you recommend? Like I said, a great view of the beach is prime, and lots of lounge chairs, too..A/C is nice, but I figure the Bahamas in Nov will not be too hot..

Big Al 

Based on the small cabana we rented last year, 6 people will not fit if everyone wants to be in the sun on loungers.  I think there is room for 3 MAYBE 4 loungers on the deck area if you squish,  but if all 6 of you want a loungers, you will not fit unless you invade your neighbors space lol.  Now, if 2 or 3 want to be on loungers, and the others are ok with comfy seats inside or loungers down on the public beach around, you'd be ok. 

Pretty much all of the cabanas have great views - not 100% beach front, but all with ocean/beach views.  As mentioned, the larger cabanas  are all up on a hill, so could be an issue for people with mobility issues.  But  I feel like the views up there would be incredible.

Don't forget that if you book on board, you can both use OBC to pay and get the $50 shore excursion credit.  But you are rolling the dice on them selling out.  And with the size of the Joy, it's a good bet. 

And in the Caribbean, the weather is pretty consistent year round, so summer and winter = similar temps.  

The view from our small cabana last fall:

l78wpPH4tF95ERZlraNVlKjkQJXlGunDR2LSmK5o1ASmJl7dErKw-qLdsFjZQR_GhbIGhxG-d5vd3q4wHOtX3fs4UOVLMjJFuPUjELRBx9X9x7ZFmTd_D5kqVjTyljArRACr0dvx9GQmHdt3W0Q5TSRO_s6OqSN2cMmL-Z_ZQF4qqhzavRbV21nG10pIZg1i33J3uW9n0DCDlj_64-5JH_FBeuuNdup_8E1aZW8kG8FN84n3gK4_ytB1xsAEuIvxuk6MZ4r9IqH0NjiZMdsaGNhFNfhz1U7ltnaykYK6-MdSlarFuuW3YJFWlPh5CMHpiamYl-KjXbt7aCos40Kgs7R5-ETmDNhQvEb8Xqvm3cgPkPC8ucpnbmVl9rYkHC1nzzPCaHWM8iN7CX9yfccssAPMQMXbxw65NmkUZSM8GeMWJZ-18wl364m7_HIjlbHz8Mu35yTFMcnGW7wczCOsi-OAwoOws1AZbTLa31Mfr1ytJ_apxtbLWNBTN7-neitSYkCDZerrtUwQmmYdA5QFMtzWDY3UcTRdQTea_qDrYTFFYQ7XJtUmPLadEYKOMPExh8z4kmmNhVO45lMwjxgfIuMf0INZeqzVBspDebK1ccQd64Ztf6RiUO16yKPsAgmqSrcpGz4heB0In_Z1cnPlfKU9h19ti5KEj-mOXGK5lItalK11Oevw7LEZnes3RBKBtzyUd0BoxHXGKLXW-SWEiCxJqIc1I3Tt--UPQEATOqKFWW8vPg=w1858-h903-no

Edited by laurabegorrah
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, laurabegorrah said:

Based on the small cabana we rented last year, 6 people will not fit if everyone wants to be in the sun on loungers.  I think there is room for 3 MAYBE 4 loungers on the deck area if you squish,  but if all 6 of you want a loungers, you will not fit unless you invade your neighbors space lol.  Now, if 2 or 3 want to be on loungers, and the others are ok with comfy seats inside or loungers down on the public beach around, you'd be ok. 

Pretty much all of the cabanas have great views - not 100% beach front, but all with ocean/beach views.  As mentioned, the larger cabanas  are all up on a hill, so could be an issue for people with mobility issues.  But  I feel like the views up there would be incredible.

Don't forget that if you book on board, you can both use OBC to pay and get the $50 shore excursion credit.  But you are rolling the dice on them selling out.  And with the size of the Joy, it's a good bet. 

And in the Caribbean, the weather is pretty consistent year round, so summer and winter = similar temps.  

The view from our small cabana last fall:

l78wpPH4tF95ERZlraNVlKjkQJXlGunDR2LSmK5o1ASmJl7dErKw-qLdsFjZQR_GhbIGhxG-d5vd3q4wHOtX3fs4UOVLMjJFuPUjELRBx9X9x7ZFmTd_D5kqVjTyljArRACr0dvx9GQmHdt3W0Q5TSRO_s6OqSN2cMmL-Z_ZQF4qqhzavRbV21nG10pIZg1i33J3uW9n0DCDlj_64-5JH_FBeuuNdup_8E1aZW8kG8FN84n3gK4_ytB1xsAEuIvxuk6MZ4r9IqH0NjiZMdsaGNhFNfhz1U7ltnaykYK6-MdSlarFuuW3YJFWlPh5CMHpiamYl-KjXbt7aCos40Kgs7R5-ETmDNhQvEb8Xqvm3cgPkPC8ucpnbmVl9rYkHC1nzzPCaHWM8iN7CX9yfccssAPMQMXbxw65NmkUZSM8GeMWJZ-18wl364m7_HIjlbHz8Mu35yTFMcnGW7wczCOsi-OAwoOws1AZbTLa31Mfr1ytJ_apxtbLWNBTN7-neitSYkCDZerrtUwQmmYdA5QFMtzWDY3UcTRdQTea_qDrYTFFYQ7XJtUmPLadEYKOMPExh8z4kmmNhVO45lMwjxgfIuMf0INZeqzVBspDebK1ccQd64Ztf6RiUO16yKPsAgmqSrcpGz4heB0In_Z1cnPlfKU9h19ti5KEj-mOXGK5lItalK11Oevw7LEZnes3RBKBtzyUd0BoxHXGKLXW-SWEiCxJqIc1I3Tt--UPQEATOqKFWW8vPg=w1858-h903-no

We booked via the phone with excursions... the representative I spoke to had a map and guided us to all the cabanas, their location and distance from the amenities. Also advised on the ones with the best views! He was great! Then once we did the excursion they took the $50.00 off via the promo. 

We booked via the phone with excursions... the representative I spoke to had a map and guided us to all the cabanas, their location and distance from the amenities. Also advised on the ones with the best views! He was great! Then once we did the excursion they took the $50.00 off via the promo. 

Great to know..I plan on calling rather than doing it online..I want the best views, which are hard to see on line..

2 minutes ago, big al said:

Great to know..I plan on calling rather than doing it online..I want the best views, which are hard to see on line..

Yes! As you can see our view was pretty spectacular! Then again most are! We were right in the middle of all the large cabanas, pretty near the restrooms.. I dont know where the bar was because our cabana attendant brought all our drinks. I wish I remembered the number. There was more than enough space for the 4 of us!

Well those Villas look great, but $489...incl latitudes discount and shore  excursion credit is still pretty much for one day on my upcoming cruise. I think we might just take a tender over and return and enjoy an empty ship. I think the buffet wont be better than the Haven restaurant anyway.

$250 would be max for us,  but that probably wont happen.

20 hours ago, Kalum said:

Well those Villas look great, but $489...incl latitudes discount and shore  excursion credit is still pretty much for one day on my upcoming cruise. I think we might just take a tender over and return and enjoy an empty ship. I think the buffet wont be better than the Haven restaurant anyway.

$250 would be max for us,  but that probably wont happen.

Lattitudes level for a discount? We paid $269.10 with discount (299 minus Silver 10% discount) on the Sky.