Eastern Caribbean - Shore excursions

Baby0821

We are going on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean, i am having a hard time trying to find activities and or Tour Companies to do these with 2 teenagers (age 16).  Does anyone have any tour companies they have used or any activities that are interesting to do, Jet Ski, etc?

Also We land in Puerto Rico at night, What is there to do at night when the boat arrives 6 to midnight?

If asking about Tortola, there are a variety of excursion options to take and you can learn about these very quickly just by reading some of the recent threads just below yours. If you can provide your port date and arrival & departure times you can get suggestions that work for you. If you just want a beach with jet ski rentals just taxi to a cane Garden Bay. But I would suggest doing that in another port as Tortola offers so much more...

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:30 PM, blue_water said:

If asking about Tortola, there are a variety of excursion options to take and you can learn about these very quickly just by reading some of the recent threads just below yours. If you can provide your port date and arrival & departure times you can get suggestions that work for you. If you just want a beach with jet ski rentals just taxi to a cane Garden Bay. But I would suggest doing that in another port as Tortola offers so much more...

11/26/19 - San Juan - This port of call is the most difficult as we get there at 6pm and leave at midnight. I heard about the biolumence water, but my fear is going out so late at night. Has anyone did this tour, if so with what company. or Is there anything else that can be done in San Juan this late at night.

11/27/19 - St Thomas

11/29/19 - Tortola

This is the Tortola forum, please provide your port times in Tortola?

You will want to post questions specific to SJU and STT in those forums. We stay on St Thomas after staying on Tortola so I can help with ideas there, just need your port times there as well.

1 hour ago, blue_water said:

This is the Tortola forum, please provide your port times in Tortola?

You will want to post questions specific to SJU and STT in those forums. We stay on St Thomas after staying on Tortola so I can help with ideas there, just need your port times there as well.

8am to 5pm

I read about Pusser's landing and Cane Garden but i'm looking for a land excursion. Most I have came across are Boat charters. are there any companies that can do a land tour to difference places in the island. maybe even go to the highest point of the island for a good picture view.

Ok, you are in port a for a nice time. 😀

Tortola is a beautiful island to tour, and drivers at the dock will be offering island tours on the share safari taxis at reasonable prices, ~$25/pp for a 3 or 4- hour tour. Some of these include a beach stop, or you can get off at a beach like CGB or Brewers Bay and take another taxi back to the port later.

You do not need to reserve ahead for these shared tours...you can get help or directions from the friendly ladies at the information center.

Alternatively, Arnold offers private, more personalized tours at prices that are similar to private taxi hourly rates. If interested be sure to check his availability early as he is very popular -

http://www.info-res.com/actaxibvi/
This would be our choice if we were showing friends Tortola for the first time...

Edited by blue_water
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, blue_water said:

Ok, you are in port a for a nice time. 😀

Tortola is a beautiful island to tour, and drivers at the dock will be offering island tours on the share safari taxis at reasonable prices, ~$25/pp for a 3 or 4- hour tour. Some of these include a beach stop, or you can get off at a beach like CGB or Brewers Bay and take another taxi back to the port later.

You do not need to reserve ahead for these shared tours...you can get help or directions from the friendly ladies at the information center.

Alternatively, Arnold offers private, more personalized tours at prices that are similar to private taxi hourly rates. If interested be sure to check his availability early as he is very popular -

http://www.info-res.com/actaxibvi/
This would be our choice if we were showing friends Tortola for the first time...

Thank again.  I just spoke with him, he was available. GREAT!!!  I told him what im looking for and he is very accommodating. I appreciate your help. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1