Cabin (Dawn) Question

Imalismom

If you had the choice of cabin 11550, 11530 or 11520  which would you choose and why?   Looking at the deck map, I cannot tell which is better, 11520 look's to be across from the elevators,  11530 looks to be across form the stairs, and 11550 seems it might have noise from the pool deck above (??)  during the day.  I have tried searching and no one seems to say which is better except that 11510 does has the priva-sea balcony which is not recommended.

Also, on an eastern med cruise,   do I want to be on the right or the left side of the ship (11550, or 11050 side?)

Thanks in advance.  

We won an upgrade for 11530 earlier this year and loved it. It is not too close to the forward stairs and there was no noise from above.

If I booked now, I probably would choose 11550. We would frequently come from the midship elevators and I always wanted to stop there because it seemed like we had walked far enough! I don't think you'd get any direct pool noise because the raised platforms for the deck chairs are at that side, with stairs going up to the Bimini Bar on Deck 13.

We were on a Southern Caribbean itinerary so I can't help with that question. For most of the islands, we were docked facing the port, although a couple of times the ship would back in. 

I attached a few picture of the suite. The last picture of the Dawn is a little small but if you zoom in, there are 5 sets of tinted double wide windows (the bathroom side) for each of the suites on Deck 11. 11530 is the middle one. And the white canopy on the top deck is over the Bimini Bar on Deck 13.

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

I think we were in either 11530 or 11550 for our Canada and NE Cruise in 2016 - shortly after the refirb.

The room was quiet no noise from the pool deck. 11560 is closer to the pool area - but I doubt if it would really be that noisy.

We found this suite to be great for the 3 of us (all adults) we could be altogether in the living room or by ourselves in the bedrooms and living room. The deck area is not all that large - but fine for two people at a time.

You are on the same deck as the bridge so looking forward from the balcony you can see into the wing areas - and they can see into you.  Can't comment on which side of the ship is better for your cruise.

If you had the choice of cabin 11550, 11530 or 11520  which would you choose and why?   Looking at the deck map, I cannot tell which is better, 11520 look's to be across from the elevators,  11530 looks to be across form the stairs,

-----

11520 & 11020 look at the stairs and elevators -

note the stairs and elevators face each other - big wide foyer

11530 & 11030 are around the corner and aways down the passageway from the stairs/elevators

I have stayed in 11530 and have no complaints about that location cabin

11520 or 11020 are not all that bad - may be noisy at busy times (after shows) but the convenience of being able to

go anywhere on the ship right outside your cabin door is not to be overlooked.

The forward elevators go from Deck 4 to Deck 13 (all 4 of them)

-----

I have tried searching and no one seems to say which is better except that 11510 does has the priva-sea balcony which is not recommended.

-----

I think this comment is overrated - - -

These (DAWN 11010 & 11510) 'Priva-sea' are the furthest forward 2BR suites and the benefits of the Balcony structure

offer as noted PRIVACY and shelter from adverse weather although taking pictures one needs to go to balcony rail.

There are cabins above and below - so no pool or entertainment noise - passageway is out of the main traffic flow.

-----

Which side of the ship - - - decisions - decisions - decisions 

PORT

STARBOARD

When in port one side looks at the pier the other into the channel bay river that the ship sailed in on.

When at sea the cruise does not sail right up next to land to see all the light houses boats maritime

activity - so no real advantage here - usually cruising is a few miles off shore.

Sailing a coastal cruise - one side will facing land the other sea - - -

Alaska coastal cruises going from Vancouver to Seward the Starboard side would see more land

but land is seen on both sides. On the southbound cruise the Port side would be favored.

Panama Canal cruises Miami to Los Angeles the Starboard would be closer to land viewing and

the return trip the port side. But again unless going thru the canal land is distant.

Cruises sailing up and down the Mississippi River from New Orleans are usually in the dark of night.

As for European cruises read CC reviews and look at member photos to get a guess-a-mate of

which side is better - for sure bring along binoculars or a zoom able camera !

Factor in whether you want to park in your Balcony cabin and view from a fixed point or get out and

about see more of the BIG PICTURE from the bow stern top or promenade deck.

Those CC members having cruised the Eastern Mediterranean time for your thoughts - - - - -