Jost Van Dyke

johnandjo

Being a huge Kenny Chesney fan,  I have always wanted to visit Foxy's on Jost Van Dyke.   Has anyone ever taken the ferry over to the island?   Can you share your experience?  Is there enough time to visit if our ship is at St Thomas from 8am - 6pm

Ferry no, that runs only Fri, Sat, & Sun and departs Red Hook at 7:30 AM.

You can always hire a charter like One Love Charters. You’d need to contact them for pricing but if I remember it’s ~$600 - $800 + fuel and customs fees. There are others listed on the VINow site, and you can also contact the Dolphin water taxi for departure times and pricing...

You probably want to look at a stop in Great Harbor for customs and to see Foxy, then over to White Bay and the Soggy $ and other spots...

If a bucket list thing you are very close when in STT, and sharing a private charter with another couple or two from your roll call can be a great option and very affordable. The water taxi would be my first look, I can’t remember the departure and return times, but I know they are flexible, and may even stay with a larger group. If not an option, and you are serious, check into the private charters that are listed on the VINow dot com site. Often they also have another couple looking to share the cost, maybe from yoyr ship!

Good luck!

You really don’t have enough time to get there from St Thomas.  In the future, look for a cruise that has Tortola as a port stop.  Then it would be easy to go to the Baths on Virgin Gordy and both Foxy’s and Soggy Dollar Br on Jost Van Dyke.  White Bay is gorgeous.  We vacation on St John annually and have visited BVI quite a few times.

16 hours ago, New Hampshire said:

You really don’t have enough time to get there from St Thomas.  

Actually that is not correct, it is quite possible with 10 hours in port...

Obviously the ideal scenario is staying in the BVI for the utmost flexibility to enjoy the BVI. Visiting Jost from a cruise ship - whether docked at STT or Tortola - or even visiting from STT or STJ with the limited ferry schedule, is an option if you want that. You can actually get much more time on Jost from STT on a private charter,  or with Dolphin, than you can on a cruise ship excursion from Tortola! There is even a shared powerboat from Sapphire with an excursion to VG and the Baths designed for cruise ship passengers...

For many who have visited STT and SJ many times this is a nice day!

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2019 at 8:01 PM, johnandjo said:

Being a huge Kenny Chesney fan,  I have always wanted to visit Foxy's on Jost Van Dyke.   Has anyone ever taken the ferry over to the island?   Can you share your experience?  Is there enough time to visit if our ship is at St Thomas from 8am - 6pm

I came specifically to this board because I am looking for the exact same experience (see my thumbnail). I was wanting some kind of catamaran excursion to Cinnamon Bay or Jost van Dyke. If only we were on the same cruise!!!