Legend and Spirit question

ABQrobin

Do they both have refrigerators in balcony rooms?  We did Legend in Alaska 2016 and I thought I remembered a fridge.  We are going to Alaska again in July 2020 and the ship will be the Spirit this time.  We have already booked a balcony room.  I have meds now that need to be refrigerated, so it is important.  

thanks

They have what you're referring to, but they are really not refrigerators, more like coolers. If you are content with a higher temperature, and want to keep the meds in, wedge something into the wooden doorway covering the "fridge"----when shut it keeps that area very warm. The other option is to go to customer service and ask them to put the meds in refrigerated storage.

Edited by chocolate melting cake

Thanks!  I knew that we had a fridge on the Legend back in 2016.  It doesn't get freezing cold, but it is still refrigeration as I recall.  I can always get a baggie full of ice from Lido to keep in there with the meds and replace it daily.  That is what we do usually the first day of a cruise as they turn off those fridges in port on every ship.  

thanks again

Just got off the Miracle (which I believe is the same class ship) and they had a fridge. I was prepared to keep the cabinet door open as others have suggested, but found that the fridge was in the open under the counter, and there were lifejackets stashed where I imagine the fridge was. This setup seemed to keep my cans of soda nice and cold (not frosty, but cold).