Orlando or Port Canaveral hotel with transportation?

ham_bone

My son is flying into Orlando (MCO) at 6pm, the evening before we cruise out of port canaveral.

Trying to avoid a rental car and a huge Uber bill if possible.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Orlando with transportation to the port? 

Or maybe a decent hotel at the port with free shuttle to the port? 

His best bet is to stay near the MCO airport for the night and then to catch a shared shuttle - about $20+ per person - the next morning to the port.  From the MCO airport to the port is about a 45-55 minute drive - any hotel offering a "free" shuttle for that distance is just building the cost of transport into the room package.

Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Go Port Canaveral are the most often suggested shared shuttle options.

Edited by JohninDC
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

His best bet is to stay near the MCO airport for the night and then to catch a shared shuttle - about $20+ per person - the next morning to the port.  From the MCO airport to the port is about a 45-55 minute drive - any hotel offering a "free" shuttle for that distance is just building the cost of transport into the room package.

Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Go Port Canaveral are the most often suggested shared shuttle options.

Thanks. Sounds like that's gonna be the plan. He can always Uber to somewhere nearby if he wants something to do. 

1 hour ago, ham_bone said:

Thanks. Sounds like that's gonna be the plan. He can always Uber to somewhere nearby if he wants something to do. 

There are many hotels (Hampton Inn, Country Inn & Suites, Holiday Inn, Doubletree, etc.)  just north of the airport on either Frontage or TG Lee Blvd with several chain restaurants (Hooters, Carrabas, Bonefish grill, etc.) within walking distance.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:09 AM, ham_bone said:

My son is flying into Orlando (MCO) at 6pm, the evening before we cruise out of port canaveral.

Trying to avoid a rental car and a huge Uber bill if possible.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Orlando with transportation to the port? 

Or maybe a decent hotel at the port with free shuttle to the port? 

I have never been able to find a hotel in MCO with a shuttle to PC.  When we did this, we picked a hotel in PC with a shuttle to the port, and then rented a car, it was great and much cheaper than a shuttle (and a lot less stress).  You then also have the ability to pick up last minute things which was great, we were able to pack a lot less and just pick things up at the Walmart in PC.  We stayed at the Fairfield, and it was fantastic.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 9:05 PM, xitappers2bx said:

I have never been able to find a hotel in MCO with a shuttle to PC.  When we did this, we picked a hotel in PC with a shuttle to the port, and then rented a car, it was great and much cheaper than a shuttle (and a lot less stress).  You then also have the ability to pick up last minute things which was great, we were able to pack a lot less and just pick things up at the Walmart in PC.  We stayed at the Fairfield, and it was fantastic.  

Thanks  I am going over their options now but rental cars are kinda pricey for that day/weekend because it's a federal holiday (presidents day). My wife and I will be at Disney with our youngest before the cruise and Ubre actually appears to be the best option for us to get from Disney Hotel to the port too.