Rebooking for better price and EZair flights

Kaylacool

I've booked a cruise and ezair flexible fare with Princess.

With a current promo Princess have I can save over $500 on the cruise cost. If I contact my travel agent to rebook with the cheaper fare, what happens to the airfare component. Does it have to rebook as this would be a worry as currently airfares are $100s of more and are no longer flexible only fixed?  Ideally I would want to keep the airfare but rebook the cruise.  Is this possible? 

Before the final payment, we regularly monitor the price of our booked cruise and our EZair reservations in order to take advantage of any price drops.  Anytime we have refared only one component it has not affected the other. 

Now, I have seen recent promotions that include  a discount on airfare through EZair and I suppose that that discount may go away if you refare the cruise portion.  But we have never booked a cruise under that type of promotion. 

it definitely pays to monitor your cruise costs. For our current booking we have refared each component several times over the past few months and have saved about $1500 total. 

Hope you have a great cruise. 

In my experience, when you re-fare a cruise for which you already have EZAir booked, it's not like you cancel the original booking and rebook the same cruise as a new booking. You're just getting the fare lowered under a promo. I have done this a number of times and the EZAir reservations I had in place were unaffected. Recently I did it for a cruise next Spring, and saved us over $700 apiece on the base fare.

I book directly with Princess, so all I have to do is call them and request the re-faring. I don't recall ever being refused as long as it was before final payment.

• Like 1

Again, the answers above are correct but depend.  If an airfare you are looking at is on sale or in anyway connected to an overall sale, then to get the lower airfare you have to rebook under the new sale.  You will lose your old sale and, of course your stateroom category cannot be sold out.  So you will have to do the math to see which sale, overall, saves you the most money.

But be observant.  I noticed on one of my cruises that had a sale including air sale that wasn't as good as sale and air I had.  BUT, the original EZair price in black that was crossed out(i.e.cost to you without the sale) was lower than my current EZair booking.  In that case, I WAS able to go back into my booking and keep it as is, but just rebook the air portion with the lower costs.  This particular occurrence only has happened once but saved me $223 per person!

So there is no easy answer.  You just have to keep checking and if a lower price for your flights or new ones that are ok comes up, take a deep breath and do some figuring.  

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands