Carry On Luggage Check

Daniel A

23 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

As someone who left a couple of bags with Princess personnel, I’m glad you’ve never noticed the drop off area for bags.  Must mean that their system is working—out of way location that doesn’t interfere with the embarkation process and less chances of theft and loss of property!

(My apologies if my responses in this thread seem defensive.  I did drop off my bags; it was a service provided by Princess on my cruise in May 2019.  YMMV.)

Duplicate post

Edited by Daniel A

18 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

As someone who left a couple of bags with Princess personnel, I’m glad you’ve never noticed the drop off area for bags.  Must mean that their system is working—out of way location that doesn’t interfere with the embarkation process and less chances of theft and loss of property!

(My apologies if my responses in this thread seem defensive.  I did drop off my bags; it was a service provided by Princess on my cruise in May 2019.  YMMV.)

Yes. We have used it several times on different cruises and I even posted a picture of the notice handed out during embarkation on the procedure and location where they were held and a claim check given.

• Like 1

I feel better knowing my bags will be in my room & locked up as soon as the steward is finished cleaning up. I'll also be putting my valuables in the room safe & not in a common storage area.

It doesn't inconvenience him in the slightest having someone pop in just to drop off bags & then leave to explore the ship or have lunch. 

2 hours ago, I Love Cruising 3 said:

I feel better knowing my bags will be in my room & locked up as soon as the steward is finished cleaning up. I'll also be putting my valuables in the room safe & not in a common storage area.

It doesn't inconvenience him in the slightest having someone pop in just to drop off bags & then leave to explore the ship or have lunch. 

Yes of course.  🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I Love Cruising 3 said:

1.  That is if you can gain early access to your room in the first place.

2.  If the ship is permitting people to have early access to rooms, what makes you think someone wandering the halls won't enter your room and help themselves to whatever you left out in the room?  I've seen what they do with chocking the doors open of all the staterooms that need cleaning and they go from one room to the other leaving the rooms wide open until they are all prepared.  I'd rather know someone responsible is watching my property until I can secure it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes. We have used it several times on different cruises and I even posted a picture of the notice handed out during embarkation on the procedure and location where they were held and a claim check given.

Do you recall which ship did this?  It seems that posters are saying the whole embarkation procedures will differ from one ship to the other.

33 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

1.  That is if you can gain early access to your room in the first place.

2.  If the ship is permitting people to have early access to rooms, what makes you think someone wandering the halls won't enter your room and help themselves to whatever you left out in the room?  I've seen what they do with chocking the doors open of all the staterooms that need cleaning and they go from one room to the other leaving the rooms wide open until they are all prepared.  I'd rather know someone responsible is watching my property until I can secure it.

Thank you but I'll still take my chances leaving the bags in the room plus valuables & cash in the safe. 

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Do you recall which ship did this?  It seems that posters are saying the whole embarkation procedures will differ from one ship to the other.

Even between one Captain and his relief on the same ship.

2 hours ago, I Love Cruising 3 said:

Thank you but I'll still take my chances leaving the bags in the room plus valuables & cash in the safe. 

Nobody is right or wrong here.  Personal security is a matter of personal preference.  What works for me doesn't have to work for everybody.

On Caribbean princess For the current sailing  they told Is that we were welcome to leave carry one in crown grill and state rooms would be ready at 1. We were able to go to our stateroom upon boarding  as it was announced that staterooms were ready earlier then expected 

• Thanks 1