Carnival (Vista) vs MSC (Meraviglia)

Hello,

We are looking to go on a seven night Caribbean in February 2020. We have it narrowed down to two different ships. We were wondering if anyone has any opinions or pros/cons for each of the ships or cruise line overall. We have been on the Vista before and liked it, but are curious about trying something else.

We would be staying in an interior room and are most interested in food quality, show quality, on-board activities, and overall organization.

Thanks!

I can only comment on my experience on the experience from each company , and not specific ships (since I haven't been on Vista or Meraviglia ) .

I have done several Carnival cruises and one with MSC (Seaside).

They are very different in many ways, but enjoyed both very much so and will continue to cruise with both.

MSC , you'll find the decks are extremely quiet during the day. Not much entertainment happening.

Evenings, are a little more entertaining, but nothing like Carnival.  

Evening shows, I would say similar. On the seaside, we had a magic show (amazing), and the usual dance / entertainment .

Food: I found the food on MSC's buffets had a lot more healthy choices, and more variety daily.  Their MDRs are similar.

MSC's ships are also very "bling bling'ed out".. Crystal stairs, a lot of chrome and shinny things....  

The crowds are different. You'll find a lot of different cultures and a great mix of passengers from all over the world, many being from Europe. Expect the announcements to be made in at least 3-4 languages.

It's really difficult to say one over the other.  Personally , we enjoy both.  Can't say one over the other. 

Happy cruising.

11 hours ago, 758505 said:

Hello,

We are looking to go on a seven night Caribbean in February 2020. We have it narrowed down to two different ships. We were wondering if anyone has any opinions or pros/cons for each of the ships or cruise line overall. We have been on the Vista before and liked it, but are curious about trying something else.

We would be staying in an interior room and are most interested in food quality, show quality, on-board activities, and overall organization.

Thanks!

To make it short and sweet, I would go with Meraviglia.

I've never sailed on same ship twice. I do think sailing MSC would be a big change from carnival, and it sail either line with confidence. 

Mac website differs from it's mobile site which is frustrating.  Booking isn't as easy as CCL either, but everything else is pretty comparable.  I thought MSC had better food/entertainment shows but CCL wins with daily activities and dive in movies. 

21 hours ago, supradupafast said:

I can only comment on my experience on the experience from each company , and not specific ships (since I haven't been on Vista or Meraviglia ) .

I have done several Carnival cruises and one with MSC (Seaside).

They are very different in many ways, but enjoyed both very much so and will continue to cruise with both.

MSC , you'll find the decks are extremely quiet during the day. Not much entertainment happening.

Evenings, are a little more entertaining, but nothing like Carnival.  

Evening shows, I would say similar. On the seaside, we had a magic show (amazing), and the usual dance / entertainment .

Food: I found the food on MSC's buffets had a lot more healthy choices, and more variety daily.  Their MDRs are similar.

MSC's ships are also very "bling bling'ed out".. Crystal stairs, a lot of chrome and shinny things....  

The crowds are different. You'll find a lot of different cultures and a great mix of passengers from all over the world, many being from Europe. Expect the announcements to be made in at least 3-4 languages.

It's really difficult to say one over the other.  Personally , we enjoy both.  Can't say one over the other. 

Happy cruising.

This

We were on the Seaside and Horizon.  I think the above poster hit the nail on the head.

My DW loved the Seaside very much and thought the food was top notch. I thought the shows are better on MSC. 
Both would be excellent choices.  

• Like 1