Carnival Pride delayed return to Baltimore due to Storm (11/17/2019)

atricks

Guests were required to vacate their cabins so that they could be cleaned and prepared for the 2000 arriving guests, and were able to sit on decks 3 & 9.  The late arrival to port meant that they had less time than normal to turn the ship over.  Guests also received VIFP credit for the extra day even thought they were not charged for it, and of course the gratuities for the extra day were waived.

Edited by Garth2
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2019 at 8:00 PM, young_k92 said:

We had untill 5:30 to return to the ship last Friday on Grand Turk for a 6pm departure. My husband and myself and few others were watching the sunset on the pier in those Serenity deck chairs they set up. We noticed they ushered us out before the 5:30 timeline. Looking back, I realize it's because they were "trying to get ahead of the storm." So we hauled tail north, rocking all Thursday night and Friday. By Friday evening, it's been determined (as if they didn't already know this, as this exact scenario has happened before--Google and YouTube it for yourself) we couldn't get ahead of it, so we bob like a cork off the coast of Florida/Georgia for half a day before it's decided we'll "follow" it. Well, I guess the lost revenue of the next sailing was just too much to bear, so we found ourselves seasick and anxious all day Sunday trying to get around what I think is called Cape Henry into the Chesapeake. So much for "following it." Relief didn't come until around 3am this morning. By then, our 8am arrival time was pushed back to 1pm. We were forced out of our rooms to sit on floors with our luggage (I'm not diamond or platinum, after all, so no lounge or MDR for me). We were still waiting to get off the ship at 3pm. Some were still there at 5pm. I called Carnival. No recourse except future cruise credit which I told them they could stick where the sun don't shine. I hope this gives you some idea of what really happened on the Pride.

I find this funny. I went for my first carnival cruise (always RC in the past) and while Marty did say we had until 3pm to be out of our rooms, on deck five I can promise you Crisanto did not give a care that I needed another 20 to pack up. I finished packing at 4:30 while my family had already finished and left the room.

We all had the option to wait at deck three or deck nine - lido regardless of what color your card is. The buffets were open, there were tons of seats and we had a chill family pool day, albeit with our suitcases next to our couches by the pool. People who shove as close to the gangway as they can hours in advance to have a bad time. Maybe try to relax a little on your next vacation 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Huntiec
punctuation