Repositioning Question

missme2

How does repo. work? I am getting ready to book AOL for 3/07 out of San Juan and I've read rumors that RCI may reposition her to California. What options do I have if I book this cruise and it gets repositioned? How far in advance does RCI notify you of this? Would I be out the airfare? I'm a little confused. Thanks.

Repositioning happens when the ship changes itinerary, such as changing from the Caribbean in the fall/winter/spring to California for the summer. AOS won't reposition that time of year. That is prime Caribbean cruise time. Your itinerary would show it, anyway. If your itinerary shows SJU as the port for the beginning and ending of your cruise, you are good to go!

Have a great cruise!

Maybe I am confused but are you asking: what happens if my itinerary is changed..say from a Caribbean cruise to a Mexican Riviera cruise, because the ship has been repositioned?

It has never happened to me me but from what I have read on cruise critic you are pretty much out of luck with airfare unless you have booked air with RCCL. You still would be able to cancel the cruise and book something else.

However, I really wouldn't worry about it. There is not a chance in heck that the West Coast will ever get any good ships:D .

However, I really wouldn't worry about it. There is not a chance in heck that the West Coast will ever get any good ships:D .

Oh.. no... Sally... It sounds like you have totally given up on our "round the horn" repo.... I'm still hoping we'll get to do that trip on one of the Voyager Class ships, even if it's not Navigator... ;)

How does repo. work? I am getting ready to book AOL for 3/07 out of San Juan and I've read rumors that RCI may reposition her to California. What options do I have if I book this cruise and it gets repositioned? How far in advance does RCI notify you of this? Would I be out the airfare? I'm a little confused. Thanks.

If the AOL was moved to California, a different ship would take its place. You would just cruise on the ship that took its place.

If Adventure is repositioned to California it will happen in late April and May when the 2nd ultra Voyager is delivered. I can't believe that they would put an Ultra Voyager ship out of San Juan so they may move the Mariner to San Juan, if these changes are made they will accomodate the people who have booked. I would guess that we may here something in May when the 07, 08 season is released.

Just my opinion of course

Brian J

Archived