Rum point beach

chong67

I am thinking of taking a public transport to Rum Point Beach, and walk east towards Old Man bay and take a bus back to port.  It is about 6 miles walk one way.

I have been to 7th mile beach and walk the whole length, which is about 5 miles back to port.

I want to try something new.

Any ideas?

If you are visiting by cruise ship, IMO this is a bad idea.  Buses can be infrequent and irregular, and there are no taxis easily available if you find yourself pressed for time and needing to get back to the ship in a hurry.  Rum Point is a 45 minute drive from town, each way.  Find somewhere closer to hike around.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2019 at 9:23 PM, chong67 said:

Yes, I have walk the whole length of 7th mile beach and want to try new areas. 

We took an independent excursion to Rum Point a couple of years ago through Captain Marvin.  They offer guaranteed ship return.  The drive around to the other side of the island is interesting.  You will drive along the water some, and our driver pointed out areas of interest.  It is about 45 minutes out there, and you don't get a ton of time to enjoy.  But we did enjoy a different change of scenery and some drinks.  On this particular tour, the driver picks you back up from Rum Point about 2-1/2 hours after you are dropped off and he takes you to a small pier where you board a ferry that takes you back across the sound where you hop on another van back to the pier.