Cruise to Canada June 2020

penlady

Can someone help me make up my mind...I did the Independence Day cruise last year and really enjoyed it so much was going to book again for next year but having serious doubts I see there is only one full sea day and the remainder of sailing appears to be during the nights. I do not get off the ship while it is in port so I almost feel like this would be a waste of money for me. Your thoughts please !!!

1 hour ago, penlady said:

Can someone help me make up my mind...I did the Independence Day cruise last year and really enjoyed it so much was going to book again for next year but having serious doubts I see there is only one full sea day and the remainder of sailing appears to be during the nights. I do not get off the ship while it is in port so I almost feel like this would be a waste of money for me. Your thoughts please !!!

penlay,

We are booked for next year with Portland as that year's added port after a longtime..

We have been on many of the previous years 4th of July Celebration cruise and always looked for which port was going to be selected.

We did several of years before which were only 4 or 5 nights only and started to take them more when 6 nights and 7 days was added.

We are not personally attracted to 2021 4th July schedule and glad we are going next year since we like visiting ports.. Halifax and Boston are the Standards each year.

Edited by BklynBoy8

There are more sea days than appear at first glance. When the ship leaves early morning, eg 5th July from Boston, the rest of the day is at sea. We are on that trip and think there may be 3 sea days. Also, as Portland is a tender port, that could become another sea day.

3 hours ago, Summergee said:

There are more sea days than appear at first glance. When the ship leaves early morning, eg 5th July from Boston, the rest of the day is at sea. We are on that trip and think there may be 3 sea days. Also, as Portland is a tender port, that could become another sea day.

3 hours ago, Summergee said:

I realized after I did my post that the 5th. of July after leaving would turn into a sea day. I know that happened last year I must have miscalculated the days. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. For years I stayed away from this particular cruise because it was a shorter cruise but when I finally did it last year I really enjoyed it so you have help me decide to say " yes" to this one. The only annoying thing was standing waiting to go thru the Customs line when they came on board although I have to admit the process went vey quick. 

18 hours ago, penlady said:

I realized after I did my post that the 5th. of July after leaving would turn into a sea day. I know that happened last year I must have miscalculated the days. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. For years I stayed away from this particular cruise because it was a shorter cruise but when I finally did it last year I really enjoyed it so you have help me decide to say " yes" to this one. The only annoying thing was standing waiting to go thru the Customs line when they came on board although I have to admit the process went vey quick. 

That is why we were more attracted to this style sailing several years ago when it was increased to 6 nights 7 days since we have a elderly senior at home we had to consider. The shorter periods were too quick to enjoy.

The three (3) days at sea: First day out of NYC all day at sea, Fourth day out after Halifax another all day at sea and after leaving Boston early in the morning on 5th at 2AM is the final day at sea. Before arriving in NYC.

We are also eager to see for the time since we sailed on this voyage since 2006, we will be landing in Halifax on July 2nd (Canada Day). Have to see if they will be offering any some events to celebrate Canada Day.

Getting the complete listing of the hours in the different ports of call of this sailing, much more time on land then we experienced in the many past 4th July Celebration voyages. Especially Halifax from 8AM to 2AM the following morning.

Mentioning about being processed by the ICE (Custom) line in Boston should be better this sailing since we are scheduled to arrive around 830AM. On our 2017 cruise it was definitely annoying since we arrived at High Noon (12PM) and everyone was over eager to leave the ship. But it was handled very well and everyone disembarked in time for touring and their tours.

Edited by BklynBoy8

6 hours ago, EEB_Ott said:

Just for clarification, Canada Day is celebrated on July 1 not July 2.  Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for the clarification.

We will be in Halifax on July 1st - Canada Day in 2020.

We are looking forward to enjoy the cruise.