Family Harbor opinions

DeeDee1214

We were going to book an interior Family Harbor room on the Horizon because all of the cove balcony rooms were sold out. However, I realized that a regular cove balcony room on the same deck  (NOT Family Harbor section) is only $100 more than a FH interior. I feel like it's a no brainer, but I'm worried we'll be really missing out on not having access to the Family Harbor lounge. My boys are 11 and 9 and I feel like it would have been such a nice perk for them to go run and grab snacks, ice cream, etc. Thoughts/opinions?

Hi:

I believe that having the Family Harbor Lounge available for your kids is a great idea.  We were on the Vista in 2017, and my boys enjoy the Family Harbor.  Is like a little space for families,  were kids can be kids, without people looking at them wrong for been loud or playing.  

You get to know the other families, sometimes share the table for breakfast and at the end of the day meet again for Coffee or Ice Cream.  

Did I mention the Cappuccino Maker.  I used to drink at least two free Cappuccinos a day. 

So, in my opinion, If your family needs the Balcony go for the Balcony.  But the Family Harbor Lounge is a great option. 

It’s been awhile since I had a family harbor cabin on the Vista.  It was ok. Kids enjoyed easy access to ice cream but said a group of kids always hogged the gaming system so no benefit there. I would think the cove balcony would have the couch/twin bed with the bunk overhead plus the king bed versus insides which would usually have
 the two bunks directly over the king bed (no couch).  This may be different on horizon but something to consider.