Marella website now geo-blocked in Canada???

Any one on this board privy as to why Thomson/Marella are Geo-blocking the website? (For non-tech people that means for a person with a computer and hence IP address in Canada can no longer view the Marella website) 😭

We have in the past been able to view and book cruises directly with Marella on their website - but no more 

From a TUI business website - there is a Canadian redirection  to 'Sunwing' - a Canadian travel company which partners with Marella. Unfortunately however, Sunwing only provides Caribbean and South America cruises. 

This has been the case for about a month or so .. was hoping it would just rectify itself but no luck ... sigh .... trying to view cruises for fall of 2020 to the Canaries ...

29 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Any one on this board privy as to why Thomson/Marella are Geo-blocking the website? (For non-tech people that means for a person with a computer and hence IP address in Canada can no longer view the Marella website) 😭

We have in the past been able to view and book cruises directly with Marella on their website - but no more 

From a TUI business website - there is a Canadian redirection  to 'Sunwing' - a Canadian travel company which partners with Marella. Unfortunately however, Sunwing only provides Caribbean and South America cruises. 

This has been the case for about a month or so .. was hoping it would just rectify itself but no luck ... sigh .... trying to view cruises for fall of 2020 to the Canaries ...

Hi  Rodndonna

idont know the laws in Canada would it be the drinking age in U.S. ports, as you might have seen Marella are 

allinclusive  and i can,t see the barmen asking for passport,s every time some one with a north american accent goes to the bar, i think the age for U.S.is twenty one,  PS tell me off if i am wrong

1 minute ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi  Rodndonna

idont know the laws in Canada would it be the drinking age in U.S. ports, as you might have seen Marella are 

allinclusive  and i can,t see the barmen asking for passport,s every time some one with a north american accent goes to the bar, i think the age for U.S.is twenty one,  PS tell me off if i am wrong

Our drinking age is 18 or 19 depending in the province (-:. Most of the US is still 21 I believe.

I am thinking it may somehow have something to do with launching American ports - not drinking age as it would be like any non-adult only cruise - but maybe they don't want Americans booking through Marella - similar to the way they want Canadians to book Marella through Sunwing. That is fine for the Caribbean cruises - but won't help me with the Canaries.

We can get a VPN to go around it - just a hassle for looking at cruises. 

I still get Marella spam telling me about all the great cruises I can't link to !@!@!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...