People raving about Radisson

sobore

flyer, I'm with you on that one~ I don't eat it, I just hit it so someone else can! About 12 years ago, I was coming home at night after a long week in the city when I was in school, and hit one head on! Fortunately he did not end up on my car hood, and I drove on to the 7-11 just ahead to call and report it for insurance purposes. A couple of years later, I was interning with a local appellate judge, and at lunch I told him of my experience. He remembered the time, date and place, and had come across that poor thing, called a friend, and they took it away, and well, "dressed it out"! He thanks me to this day for his winter of dinners~

Well, not that this has anything to do with Radisson, but I think it is great when they are in an area, they try to bring local cuisine into their menus. On the larger ships, Latitudes, which seems to shift their focus, used to do this. I think it is now largely done in Compass Rose, with Latitudes right now into Asian fusion cuisine.

Well, getting back to the Radisson discussion... ;) ...even though we were on the Voyager for 12 days, I never did get a chance to eat in Latitudes! We were so busy all the time, and were having such a fun time every night in Compass Rose with all the folks we'd met here in our roll-call thread, that we never did end up there. I'm sure that with 18 nights aboard the Mariner on my upcoming cruise that I should finally have a chance.

LeeAnne

Now thats FUNNY! :D

Host Dan

and it is White Tail.....:D:D

As a sidenote, the only minor downer on my 12 Amazon cruise was no strange meats. In my case it was the last segment of the 2005 around South America cruise and I had seen different "strange" meats on Radisson's menus and looked forward to trying Big Bird :eek: among others. But alas no strange meats. I am thinking they had not got a major provision since leaving the US.

See, THIS is why I now will not be able to order the venison! OHHH NOOO!!! Who started that darn venison discussion anyway??? :mad: :p

LeeAnne

I also had those lovey-dovey feelings toward the "Bambi" creatures until I moved to "deer country" NJ. Once they mow over your landscaping all those warm feelings disappear!

Cruiseluv:

Also, when these "critters" dart out in the road in front of your moving car and cause you to wreck it, your love for them runs out quickly. Around here, we call them "rats with hooves." But I guess the truth doesn't make one want to eat venison either!

Thanks,

Richard

Well, guys, we have a state wildlife exemption to support the whitetail in our area (as well as wild turkey, songbirds, quail, and endangered plants) and put out 900 pounds of deer chow a week. In addition, we provide habitat in the way of providing water and shelter. We look forward to the first glimpse of our bambi's in the spring and enjoy watching the does protect their young and gradually bring them out to the feeders. The wildlife in our the area of our rural wildlife management association are thriving. So, you won't catch me ordering venison any day soon. And many previous hunters find themselves unable to kill the critters any longer once they are close to the land.

There are ways to landscape your property that will not be destroyed by the deer population. Unfortunately, they don't let me near the endangered plants because I have a black thumb. I kill more than I preserve.

By the way, we spend far more than we save with the property tax exemption!

Archived