People raving about Radisson

sobore

As I recall, we used to be able to list our email address on our personal information page on this board. I remember hat I used to get many emails from CC board users made possible by this.

Well, I checked my page, and there is no longer any wayto list email address there. That is a shame, IMO. I recall geting some emails from regualr posters of a few years ago saying "we are passing through your area --- can we meet?" and as a relult, we got to meet some new friends.

Thanks,

Richard

As I recall, we used to be able to list our email address on our personal information page on this board. I remember hat I used to get many emails from CC board users made possible by this.

Well, I checked my page, and there is no longer any wayto list email address there. That is a shame, IMO. I recall geting some emails from regualr posters of a few years ago saying "we are passing through your area --- can we meet?" and as a relult, we got to meet some new friends.

Thanks,

Richard

You have your email listed on your signature for all to see. No problem with that. :)

It may be a good time to remind everyone to periodically read our community guidelines. http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm

Host Dan

Host Dan:

I ckicked on my screen name and looked at "public information" and no email address. I (and aparently a lot of other users) don't know what you mean by "my email address is under my signature". Some help here would be appreciated.

I have read the guidelines and tried to understand them all. They are lengthy, and I must confess I don't fully understand all of them and some of the grey areas presented thereby. So some summary of the guidelines the removed posts violated would be appreciated. Not trying to start any arguments. To the contrary, things go more smoothly when all fully understand the rules.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard, I think I know what is going on here. If you are not aware that your email address is your signature and shows up on all of your posts, go to UserCP near the top of this page. Select Edit Options. Under Thread Display Options, click on Show Signatures.

You should now be able to see your email address at the end of your posts. If you no longer want it there, go to UserCP again and choose Edit Signature. You can make changes there.

I hope this solves your problem.

Can't miss your signature! It means just what it sounds like, the area where you have your name. It's one of those things where you set it and forget it so you probably haven't looked at your own posts for a bit. Here is what your "signature" looks like on the bottom of every one of your posts:

Thanks,

Richard

RichHRuth@aol.com:) :) :)

(I always like your smilies.) Anyway, hope this helps!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

When I read one of the threads on this board, I can't see my email address on my posts. Can other posters see it? If so, that is what I want, as I'm always happy to hear from "board buddies."

Thanks,

Richard

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

When I read one of the threads on this board, I can't see my email address on my posts. Can other posters see it? If so, that is what I want, as I'm always happy to hear from "board buddies."

Thanks,

Richard

Richard,

Your email address appears right below your sign-off. We can all see it!

Try clicking on "user cp" at the top of the page, then click "edit options" and in the "thread display" area, be sure that "show signatures" is checked. Let me know if that helps!

Host Dan

I'm curious -- could any of you tell the difference between white-tail and black-tail deer? Is one really better tasting than the other? If you've had venison on an RSSC cruise, did you like it?

I just came home from the Navigator and venison was on the menu one night. I asked for mine medium rare and received a piece that was closer to well done. I returned it and was served a piece medium rare. It was delicious. I found the food on board to be good...nothing outstanding, (although the dover sole came close) but certainly good. I was most disappointed in the desserts which were nothing special. The wines with dinner were very good.

As for the rest of the experience? The beds were hard (but I was told all will be replaced in March and anyway I prefer a hard bed), and the foam pillows (i'm allergic to feathers) were too flat, but that was remedied by the stewardess stuffing two into one pillowcase. I did like having a separate tub and shower, and found both to be more then adequate. I loved the oversized bath towels that actually fit around my body, as well as the large and not frayed beach towels.

Overall, I found the experience to be top notch and enjoyable.

I liked the personal service where the waitstaff and crew got to know my name and my preferences, and how the staff was friendly and accomodating to all.

I could not see myself on a mass line having to wait in lines, being told where and what time I had to eat, or having to sign for water, soda or drinks. I liked the larger cabins with a balcony, the bottle of champagne awaiting our arrival, and the bottles of booze we were given.

Great feedback! I'm glad you liked the venison. I hope they have it on the menu on the Mariner when I'm aboard. I had a little trouble getting my rack of lamb cooked to my liking in Signatures on Voyager too. But I'm glad that you went ahead and asked for a replacement, and they got it right the second time.

LeeAnne

Cruiseluv, go under your "user CP", find "edit options". When you get there, scroll down to "thread options" and click on "show signatures". Then you will see Richard's email address because he uses it in the "signature" line.

While I didn't order venison, my overall impression of Navigator was just about identical to AtA's. Crew was great, beds were hard, desserts were weak. But it was still a great experience.

LOL! Well, since some of our most recent discussion about venison is now gone, I'll say again that after all the talk of white tails and black tails, I've come to the conclusion that if I do ever see it on the menu, I won't be ordering it, no matter what color tail the deer have. All this talk about deer tail colors has got me picturing all these cute little Bambi’s, and now I couldn’t possibly eat one of them! :D

LeeAnne

Leeanne, I have to agree! I have a bunch of white tails in my yard ( well, about 10-12 of them live back in my wooded area, but come out at night to eat. I have some open space in the midst of development that brought them there!) As annoying as they are, eating my winter pansies/ cabbage which I no longer plant, I just can't order that stuff on a cruise! So I'm with Richard on this one!

Archived