Fascination Questions

Midwest_Traveler

Hi all,

I'm cruising on the Fascination with my family in early January and we're starting to get really excited! I have a few random questions that I'm hoping someone could help with.

1. Are the doors magnetic? We were thinking about taking a over the door shoe organizer with magnetic hooks to try to keep things organized, but I feel like I had read somewhere that it didn't work on the Fascination. We're staying in a grand suite if that makes a difference.

2. Are there any mixology or tastings offered on the ship? Is there a way to sign up in advance or do you just have to make friends with the right bartender on board?

3. We're boarding in San Juan. Is it possible to board the ship, drop off our luggage, and then go finish exploring in San Juan that afternoon? I know that the rooms aren't available until 1:30-ish, but if we got on once our rooms are available, is that a possibility?

Thanks all! These boards are a huge help for over-planners like me :)

1. I don't remember.  I think so?????

2. I don't remember.  We didn't partake.

3.  YES!  We dropped off our luggage and walked around OSJ.  There is a CVS and Walgreen's right across the street from the pier in case you need to pick up anything.

#3 Yes, and there are also cabs with drivers willing to give tours of San Juan

Also if you have a late flight, there is a hotel pretty much across the street that will for a very small fee allow you to store your luggage while you go off and explore on your own.

We have had three different cabins on the Fascination.  The only place we could get a magnet to work was the inside of the bathroom door.  I do not know if the walls in the Grand Suite are different.

On embarkation evening there was a free liquor tasting at the Fun Shops.  We did not attend. This was repeated on one other night during the cruise.  There was Martini tasting at the Alchemy Bar one afternoon around 5:PM. There was a fee involved. You could choose any four classic martinis.  We did not attend.  On the one sea day they have a Mixology challenge on Lido.  We did watch part of this. 

Yes, you may board the ship and then get off and repeat this as many times as you wish.  We do this every sailing.  There is much to explore right at the port.  Have a great cruise!!