Eastern port opinions

twinkletoes204

Heading off for my 1st cruise in May on the Navigator with my bf and I was hoping to get some opinions on some beaches we could head to.

We are doing the Eastern Caribbean - and while I'm beyond excited to see these places - he and I are really just looking to relax, sit in the sun, and flop around in the water. We are not the type to pay $$ to do the organized tours and stuff.

Anyone have any beaches in St. Thomas or St. Maarten they prefer? I've gotten the feeling that San Juan and Nassau are better for shopping and possibly just hanging on the boat for the time. If I've been misled...pls let me know. Any opinions on these two places are welcomed as well.

I really just want to make sure that this trip is completely relaxing and lazy and not filled with "we have to be here, here and here by this time". Thank you in advance for your opinions/help. I'd really be lost without this board!!! :D

Heading off for my 1st cruise in May on the Navigator with my bf and I was hoping to get some opinions on some beaches we could head to.

We are doing the Eastern Caribbean - and while I'm beyond excited to see these places - he and I are really just looking to relax, sit in the sun, and flop around in the water. We are not the type to pay $$ to do the organized tours and stuff.

Anyone have any beaches in St. Thomas or St. Maarten they prefer? I've gotten the feeling that San Juan and Nassau are better for shopping and possibly just hanging on the boat for the time. If I've been misled...pls let me know. Any opinions on these two places are welcomed as well.

I really just want to make sure that this trip is completely relaxing and lazy and not filled with "we have to be here, here and here by this time". Thank you in advance for your opinions/help. I'd really be lost without this board!!! :D

We have been to those ports and going again in late October. You will love them, lots of hot sunny weather.

St. Thomas - we have been to Emerald Beach and Coki Beach, both were very nice. Emerald Beach was much less crowded.

St. Maarten - great shopping there, I would go in the AM to shop and then head for Orient Beach.

San Juan - We always walk into Old San Juan and check out the old buildings and the shops. We haven't been to the forts, but they look like a nice place to do a little sightseeing.

Nassau - We did a tour to Atlantis, I thought it was a waste of $$$. This year on the RCCL excursion website they show a 1/2 at a all inclusive resort, we may check that out.

If you have a blast on the Eastern itinerary, then next time check out the Southern. We went to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados, cruising out of San Juan and it was the best itinerary we have been on.

Archived