Am I going to hate Carnival?

alli

Ditto what everyone here has said. Don't allow others misconceptions to make you apprehensive about Carnival---go in with an open mind. We had only cruised on Disney, and if you go over to their most popular board, the disboards, you'd find very few positive comments about Carnival! I posted a review over there regarding our experiences on both lines, only to be bashed and flamed by someone who has NEVER cruised before, whether Carnival or Disney!!!! icon_redface.gif He has a skewed idea in his mind of the Carnival line.

A while back I came over here, asked some questions, and have gotten nothing but the most friendly and pleasant help you can imagine! Now we've been on our 1st Carnival cruise and I wrote in my review that we are now "officially converts". We're going on our 3rd cruise overall, 2nd one on Carnival, this summer. 'Nuff said! icon_smile.gif

Penny

Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03

Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04

Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> When I'm on a cruise the only comparing I do is how much more fun am I having than I was 2 minutes ago <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Carnival Victory 12/19/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

I went on the Ecstacy last year, just a few months after doing the Explorer. I was amazed how much better the service and food was over RCL. Food? Check out the menus that have been posted. CCL has a lot of good beef dishes (Chateubriand, three pepper steak, etc). I only hope that they don't lower their quality to that of RCL.

I'd like to say that CCL, often the cheapest, is a great bargain, but that would be unfair- CCL is a great cruise!

I will agree with everyone that has posted here!

My daughter (16) and I leave tomorrow for the Jubilee and we can't wait. My husband and I leave in July on a HAL ship and I can't wait. Notice a pattern here? Last July went to Alaska on RCCL, we have also been on Princess.

For us the destination comes first, price second, then the benefits as a past cruiser. We are platiumn on RCCL so if the first 2 points are equal we would go with RCCL.

For our July cruise hubby choose HAL because of less days at sea on and almost equal cruise and price. Our first HAL cruise we had horrible service from both our cabin steward and waiter. Did we enjoy the cruise overall? YOU BET. I wouldn't say that on the HAL board because I would go down in flames, but fact is fact. We booked HAL again and plan to enjoy it.

As stated before, if you think you will have a bad time, you will.

Just go with the intention you are going together, to BE together and don't worry about anything else. Life is to short.

RCI, NCL, and Princess basically compete for the same cruise customers, so their products should only have small differences. Of course, each person will have their favorite, and that is fine.

I haven't sailed on Carnival, so all that I can say is that they have the largest fleet and are still adding ships. They must be pleasing a lot of people.

When you get on the ship, do the things that you want to do and pass on those you don't. As long as everyone behaves, life is good.

Heh Alli....

I shared your fear when we booked Fascination for a 4-day last year...expected to be totally surrounded by crazy, loud, tacky people doing conga line dances from dawn till the wee hours of the AM. But while there is that element, I found that on a ship that size, there are always places to escape all of the activity if you need some quiet time. Try the Sun Deck, where the jogging track is.... there were always plenty of lounge chairs there, and it was nice and quiet!

We're going again May 10, and can't wait! This time we're renting a car in Cozumel so we can explore the island on our own.

Enjoy!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Fascination 5/12/03

I have only cruised once - on the Carnival Legend - last October and it was something that my cousin planned and asked us to join her - I said "YES" - didn't matter what cruise line or ship - I went into it not knowing anything about Carnival!!!!!! I found CC and read the boards everyday!!!! I read a lot where people had such bad service and rude employees - so I just figured whatever happens I will be calm and deal with and NOT let it ruin my cruise! I know that everywhere you go - you will have a rude employee here and there but when I was on the Legend before she even left port and I was asking a worker a question - she was very pleasant - and guess what - I had not one complaint about my first cruise - everything was great!!!!!! I ran into about about maybe 2 employees that weren't very cheery but they weren't rude either!!!! The other cruisers wer great, no bad children, everything worked fine and so on. Now in the future I may not be so lucky but just go with the flow!!!! I am going on a CTN on the Legend in October and I can't wait! Your cruise with Carnival will be what you make of it!!!! It is "FUN" but on our cruise - it was not a bunch of drunks everywhere and wild or crazy. It was great!! I have no regrets! Just enjoy!!!!

Terri

Legend 10/04/03

Legend CTN 10/22/04!!!! Here we come!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

I haven't sailed on Carnival, so all that I can say is that they have the largest fleet and are still adding ships. They must be pleasing a lot of people.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And, they're doing well enough to have acquired Princess. And HAL. And Cunard. And Costa. And Seabourn. And Windstar.

Who's next?

You have the right attitude...sense of humor & open mind. Have a wonderful time! icon_biggrin.gif

Valor 10/05 Miracle 2/13/05

Sensation 10/04

Conquest May 2003

Holiday Sept 2002

Inspiration 2001

Celebration 2000

Crown Princess 1999

Oceanic (Big Red Boat) 1998

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

shepirate1.jpg

valorvampires.gif

I have been on Carnival 5 times and I had a great time every time. Maybe its because I didn't expect the best. Then I went on the Princess to Alaska and I was very disappointed. the food was terrible. Maybe I expected it to be better. Then I just went on the RCCL Explorer. It was the worst cruise I have ever taken. There were fights on the deck because they had 1800 chairs for 3800 people. We never had any problems with Carnival. We have always been very happy and I have just booked another cruise with Carnival. Its not always you get what you pay for.

Coke and Pepsi,

Many people like Coke and hate Pepsi.

Many people like Pepsi and hate Coke.

Carnival and Royal Caribbean are the Coke and Pepsi of the cruise industry.

From what little information you have given how could I possibly know if you love Coke and hate Pepsi?

Or hate Coke and love Pepsi?

Carnival offers value for price. It's not for everyone. Neither is RCCL or any other line, different strokes...etc.

I would like to know what type of answer you expected from posting "Am I going to Hate Carnival" on a Carnival board?

My guess is that you will.

Oh....NCL is 7UP

Elation 11/2003

Conquest 01/2003

Jubilee 11/2002

Victory 02/2001

Destiny 02/2000

Geotide 11/1992

United States 06/1962

For a long time Carnival had the rep of being a "Frat House" cruiseline and I was one of those people who said I'd rather not sail than sail Carnival.

I've done 8 cruises on other ships (RCI, Princess, World Explorer,HAL) and often heard the "horror" stories about Carnival cruisers throwing deck chairs overboard and being rowdy all night. When I was offered a good price for a cruise in August with Triumph, I spoke to my best buddy who has worked on board RCI for many years (including customer relations) and told him it was time to get over this pre-conceived notion about Carnival and give it a try. They have to be doing something right to be so popular and after reading these boards and reviews I was convinced that their rep was not fair.

My buddy (who now does HR for RCI and is currently sailing the QE 2) also urged me to give it a try so I can report back to him as he's never wanted to sail Carnival either.

I think the poster has probably heard some of the same stories and I think this board is great exactly because it lets one hear another viewpoint that's mostly positive.

Archived