Great Cruise on Caribbean Princess Ruined By Horrible Incident at Disembarkation

CI66774

19 hours ago, pcsunlover said:

Was this an older man?  I have MS and have some balance issues, especially when stepping onto a down escalator.  Once I have stepped on, I’m fine.  Usually I will hold the rail with my right hand and my husband holds my left arm and we step on the escalator together. Once I’m “safely” on he will either step behind me or in front.  Last year when we did that the older man directing people at the escalator started yelling at my husband for assisting me. My husband just yelled right back that nobody was going to stop him from helping his wife and the man yelled down the escalator at us threatening to call the police!  It’s the first time something like that had happened and was so embarrassing. I complained about it in our Princess survey, but really he is a port employee. He has no business with that “job”.  His compassion and common sense are certainly lacking. It totally ruined the “come back new” feeling for us.

Obviously what you experienced is much more traumatic and if it is the same man, I hope you file a complaint with the port authority.  I really wish I had.

He may work for a contractor and not directly for Princess.  I know it isn't an excuse, but contractors are usually paid less than $10/hr and you get what you pay for sorry to say.

Just now, CI66774 said:

Thank you for your kind words. Was it a 26-day cruise where we met? I probably did panic and should have charged ahead on the escalator but I wasn't thinking clearly. It's unreal to me that another poster (Bruin) seems to take pleasure in deriding me and my actions. It's so unfortunate when those who sit behind computers think it's ok to harass and abuse someone who's been through a frightening episode. Thanks again for your kind words.

I agree.  Yes, it was the TA and then the British Isles in 2015.  The excursion we both did (your daughter stayed behind in the kids club) was possibly Waterford.  I'm not sure.  I think there may have been a chocolate factory stop.  

• Like 1