12 days of fame

mraven

Recently off the Sojourn 12 night Caribbean cruise. On the 1st night, we were outside in the Colonnade for dinner. We were early and the 3rd couple seated. Time between apps and entree had grown to 45 minutes. It was getting frustrating as we saw several people seated after us that were already on to dessert. Server comes up and apologizes and says it'll just be another 10-15 minutes. We decided to leave instead. OMG. The ruckus this caused was insane. We were stopped 3 times before we got to the exit and each time the wait for the food got shorter, but they couldn't convince us to stay. Instead, we stopped at Earth and Ocean and had a meal there.

Then it got interesting. The Colonnade manager found us to tell us he was having our entree delivered to our suite. Then he offered to serve it in Earth and Ocean. We declined. Then the F&B manager stopped by to apologize. We had a good laugh, but we were now celebrities. 

Had breakfast in the Colonnade the next morning and had the manager and also the F&B manager stop by to apologize again. From that point on, everyone knew our names and they used them. Naturally, we've been called by name before, just not to this level. Felt a bit like SKP946 when he mentioned them not calling him by name.

• Like 1

Timing between serving courses is always an interesting one. I prefer to linger over my evening meal, although 45 minutes is pushing it, even for me.  The error shouldn't have been made in the first place, of course, but at least in your case they did try to make up for it.

Your post has reminded me. I had a poor customer service experience at breakfast in Colonnade. From that evening onwards, everywhere we went we were referred to by name to such an extent that I was rather bashful when it happened in the presence of any other guests! The extra effort was appreciated by us though.