Club Orange Cost Update

Crew News

On 12/5/2019 at 12:54 PM, Crew News said:

The food in Club Orange (CO) should be the same as the MDR but with an additional entree (so I have been told) each evening.  Without eating the same food at my regular MDR table and CO on the same evening, it would be hard to compare.  I will try both the MDR and CO on different evenings and post my observations on my live cruise thread.

As posted earlier, without such a low price and the OBC, I would never consider the CO upgrade.  Unlike all of my previous cruises, this cruise will be for relaxation with only one shore excursion which gives me the available hours to enjoy the sit-down breakfasts in CO.    The opportunity to have a first-hand experience with CO will allow me to better participate in the CO discussions here on CO.

Of course, I will scan every food/beverage menu available.

during our recent cruise (disemarked on Monday) we saw not one person use Club Orange facilities on board the Maasdam. The marked/roped red carpet at reception (not attended by any pax) and the menu item in the MDR included a standard meal itemm each night)

I think it is not working for HAL

23 minutes ago, Bellair said:

during our recent cruise (disemarked on Monday) we saw not one person use Club Orange facilities on board the Maasdam. The marked/roped red carpet at reception (not attended by any pax) and the menu item in the MDR included a standard meal itemm each night)

I think it is not working for HAL

IMHO Club Orange is better for the Pinnacle-class ships that have a separate dining location with a chef to prepare custom breakfasts and the special entree at dinner.  In 14 days, I remember having the Club Orange special entree only twice. Add the extensive culinary area tour (both decks) and it was worth $15/day to me but not at any higher price.