Infinity Deck 9 Overhang Cabin #9114 Thoughts?

joseph123

There was a major price drop for my upcoming Infinity cruise on Jan 13 and Celebrity let me update to Aqua class for the same price that I booked a standard balcony cabin even though I had already made my final payment, so I am really happy about that. The cabin I chose is #9114 on deck 9 which has the very large overhang above the balconies. The cabin is in the area below the buffet restaurant in one of the indented alcove areas in between the bays above. Can anyone comment on how this cabin compares to any of the others on this deck? I can still change but need to stay within the same category on deck 9. I have read complaints that some think the cabins on this deck are very dark and cave like, especially those with the deeper overhang. Cabin #9114 seems like it might get a bit more light and be more quiet than those mid-ship below the pool deck.

exterior1.png

Edited by joseph123

42 minutes ago, joseph123 said:

There was a major price drop for my upcoming Infinity cruise on Jan 13 and Celebrity let me update to Aqua class for the same price that I booked a standard balcony cabin even though I had already made my final payment, so I am really happy about that. The cabin I chose is #9114 on deck 9 which has the very large overhang above the balconies. The cabin is in the area below the buffet restaurant in one of the indented alcove areas in between the bays above. Can anyone comment on how this cabin compares to any of the others on this deck?

The answer depends on whether you are a shade lover or a sun lover.

The overhang is great for shade lovers, and the cabin is in a relatively quiet, convenient location between the central and aft elevators. 

You can sit out on your balcony and stay dry even when it is pouring rain. 

You may need to duck down a little to take photos if you want to avoid the overhang.

But if you are a sun lover, you would probably be happier moving up to one of the Aqua cabins on deck 11 as you are unlikely to get sun on the balcony of 9114, except perhaps late in the day if your cabin happens to be facing west.

We have stayed in more than a few cabins down the hall on all four of the M class ships.

I happen to like this area and will book in this area if we can't get an aft on 11.

You will be far enough down the hall that you will not hear any noise from the elevator lobby.

The area above is carpeted and I have never been disturbed by Lido noise.

You can, from time to time hear music from the pool deck area but if there is gaiety in the evening it won't be late.

I love the deep overhang, particularly in inclement weather. And I also prefer a cabin that doesn't get direct sunlight.

I hope you enjoy your cabin, the ship, and another great cruise.

Thanks for the comments! I am hoping the location of the cabin on deck 9 in-between the bay windows will at least give me a bit more sunlight than the area with the full overhang. I think the location of the cabin will be fine with the carpeted areas being directly above. I could also move to an aft family suite cabin for the same price on deck 7 which has a huge balcony and sitting room but would need to give up my Aqua Class perks, so I think I will stay right where I am. Great deals out there now on this cruise!

I will be sailing on March 9,2020 same itinerary.....already booked Aqua class same deck -9127. As a first timer on Celebrity, I will be eager to see how it compares to the previous cabins I had sailing with Norwegian......and interested about the overhang as well.