How many clothes hangers in the closet?

dcwlopez

I'm leaving on a 9 night trip in March and I'm curious if anyone knows how many hangers are available in the closets (I'm on the Century if ship makes a difference). I'm trying to figure out if I need to pack some with for all the dresses and suits and such (never been out to sea this long before).

Thanks.

I'm leaving on a 9 night trip in March and I'm curious if anyone knows how many hangers are available in the closets (I'm on the Century if ship makes a difference). I'm trying to figure out if I need to pack some with for all the dresses and suits and such (never been out to sea this long before).

Thanks.

Honestly? The answer for us has always been "too many". Not too many hangers, mind you, but too many Celebrity hangers. While nice looking, these occupy a great deal of horizontal space, even for thin garments, and most of them won't do double duty for slacks/shirts since they've got no "cross member" that works for that. Only a few in each closet have the clips.

Our tradition has been to remove the entire set of Celebrity hangers and place them up above in the closet. We then pull these back down ONLY for those items that can really use them (e.g., things with shoulder pads that don't hang well on regular hangers) and use our own from the dry cleaners (the sort covered with the "PostIt" like material) for everything else. Every pair of my pants gets a shirt over it, for example. Only by doing this do we seem to wind up with ample closet space.

Do NOT bring hangers from home. No matter what ship I have ever been on, your cabin steward can bring you as many as you need!

Again, the point isn't as much that of quantity as type. The hangers that typically come from the Celebrity laundry (if that's what you meant) aren't the type that readily allow for hang a shirt over pants or blouse over skirt, and the Celebrity hangers (if that's what you meant) just take up too much space for too few clothes. That's why we ditch them early on in the process, leaving only the rings stacked tightly together.

Additional Celebrity hangers are also a BUGGER to install if you already have your clothes hung, as you have to pull the hanger bar loose on one end to slide on more of the rings that hold the Celebrity hangers. A whole bar full of clothes is HEAVY!

Is this a contest? My guess is 19

canderson.......................I'm with you all the way on this. I fold all of my shirts hanger, cleaner bag and all on top of my suitcase and just hang those up. I found the X hangers to be awkward at best.

I always toss some of the wire hangars from the cleaners into an outside pocket of my suitcase and then just leave them when we leave for home.

Marilyn

I always request extra from the cabin steward.... and because of kind people like Marilyn, extra hangers in whatever quantity you need, are always available :)

And I love the Celebrity hangers - they are nice and sturdy!

On the Infinity we had about 15 in the closet - 4 with hocks to hold skirts - I know this because we had to "share" the hook ones. Yes, you can get extra wire and wooden hangers from the steward, however, never enough to my liking. We always have room to squeeze in white shirt hangers from the cleaners in our suitcaes. In fact, we need that extra room the hangers took up for when we go home for all our shopping! Funny thing about those extra hangers...For the first time EVER, our cabin steward (on the 1/2/06 Infinity cruise) actually took the hangers we brought from home OUT of our closet the last night of the cruise! I have never - in 15 crises - had that happen before! Guess he wanted the next occupants of the cabin to ask for them! Oh well!

Aboard Infinity we had 24 hangers available in each of our two closets (48 total). In our Horizon Suite, we had 19 available hangers split between two closets. As someone already said, you can always ask for more.

Is this a contest? My guess is 19

canderson.......................I'm with you all the way on this. I fold all of my shirts hanger, cleaner bag and all on top of my suitcase and just hang those up. I found the X hangers to be awkward at best.

Are the Celebrity hangers the ones that are physically ATTACHED to the rod in the closet? I have encountered those in hotel rooms and they are HORRIBLE to work with

Are the Celebrity hangers the ones that are physically ATTACHED to the rod in the closet? I have encountered those in hotel rooms and they are HORRIBLE to work with
Not in the sense you're thinking (I think), no.

There's a rod slipped into brackets on each end of the closet. On that rod are a bunch of rings that have little slots with which to grab the top of a hanger. I'm sure you've seen these in hotels, too. The top of the hanger doesn't have a curve, it's straight, with a knob at the end. The knob is what you slide into the rings on the rod. So you can remove the hanger, just not the ring that remains behind.

The hangers themselve are fairly substantial wood, some with clips for slacks or skirts or ...

In order to add more hangers than you already have rings, you need to lift one end of the rod out of its bracket, pull the whole thing towards you or up or down or ... in order to make a bit of room to slide the additional rings onto the bar. Then you have to get it back into the bracket. It's not something you want to do AFTER you've loaded the bar with a lot of clothes!

There's nothing wrong with the system apart from the fact that ---

a) As noted above, adding hanger rings after the fact is tough!

b) These wooden hangers take up too much lateral space to begin with for lightweight items

c) Nowhere near enough of the hangers have clips

d) Even if they do have clips, you can't hang pants on them in the shorter closet. Pants need to be folded in half across a regular hanger to fit in the short closet, or be kept in the long closet.

When I have room in my suitcase I like to pack items on their hangers. Then just take them out of the suitcase and hang them up. As items are worn they go into the dirty cloths bag and the hangers are left on the rod. Very easy to unpack! I hate taking things off hanergs and then rehanging them on the ship. Waste of time.

No pun intended as I'm not suggesting you hug your hangers but I've learned you can pack a lot of these velveteen coated hangers (purchased at hsn.com) into the top pocket of your luggage. Not only will they not leave humps in the shoulders of your clothing but strappy tops will stay on the hangers and not end up on the floor. Biggest benefit is that tons of them fit into the Celebrity closets, about three times as many garments. The drawer space in those cabins is rather limited - four small drawers. I prefer to hang things.

Just off the Summit and there was an extra bar in the back of the closet that you could pull down and add slacks, shorts, etc. I didn't know you could as for extra hangers. Had I known, I wouldn't have taken up precious suitcase room w/them. Better luck next time, I guess.

Archived