Small group excursions

Tomorrow starts sign-up for excursions for a cruise I’ve booked for August. This is the first one I’ve been on that offers small-group excursions for an upcharge. The upcharges range from $39 to $99. Two questions for those who have experienced excursions on a cruise offering these:

1. If you stick with the included version of the excursion that also has a small-group version, do they put more people than usual on the included version?  My experience with Regent has been an average of 25-30 people on an excursion. Does this still hold?

2. Is there any difference with the small group, other than fewer people?

If I m not mistaken ,,it says under the small exc.that its limited to 16 people,,or maybe just for certain ports?

Also,its helpful for those not able to move as fast.

The 2 couples I discussed it with at dinner, said they loved them and worth extra money. But they were both having probs getting around.

Also, may vary in each port as to vehicle.Best to call before and ask all the questions,,or have TA do it.

We did one small group tour in Israel last month. It was worth every penny because all the sites we visited were mob scenes and having a smaller group was easier to get around.  For our next cruise i will be checking out all the options for smaller groups.  It is easier to have fewer people to have to deal with when getting on and off the bus/vehicle. I don't believe it made a difference to the regular tour, i believe the tour was still the same number of people as usual.