mini/airplane bottles???

soozaay

Ok all of you booze smugglers out there....has anyone brought those little mini/airplane booze bottles on board to have in their room? If so, did you have them hidden in your checked bags or your carry-on?

Thanks!

thanks! we have a ton of those little bottles (i have no idea how we got so many!) and I'd like to take a couple or 3 to use in a pre-dinner cocktail. believe me, we will be spending plenty of $$ on drinks at the pool, etc...but sometimes i like a cocktail before dinner or before bed.

Hi Susie,

I can't believe I just 'met' you on the roll call board and I had the same exact question. I rec'd some of those mini bottles in a gift pack at Christmas and was wondering if I'd have trouble bringing them aboard. I did see someone post earlier that they put theirs in there make-up case and it passed right through.

Kris

Actually, they're pretty handy if you just want a small quantity of something, like a little Bailey's to go in the morning coffee. The cost is high enough that you aren't saving anything bringing them on board yourself, but it beats leaving half a bottle of liquor for the cabin stewards.

My wife and I have never had a problem with mini's. In fact, on one particular cruise we took out of Florida, the Flight Attendants working out flight gave us about 35-40 mini skyys, baileys, bacardis. We carried them on the ship in our carry on and it wasn't an issue at all. (we also had a full bottle of vodka and multiple bottles of wine too.)

Now on a recent NCL cruise, we tried to take a bottle of wine on board (again provided to us by the Flight Attendant crew on our flight and they confiscated it--while most others will just charge a corkage fee of 10.00. I was very surprised at that. We were told we could pick it up at the end of our cruise. We elected to "donate" it to someone else who was carrying booze on that were going to claim their liquor later.

Minis are great to travel with!

Hi Susie,

I can't believe I just 'met' you on the roll call board and I had the same exact question. I rec'd some of those mini bottles in a gift pack at Christmas and was wondering if I'd have trouble bringing them aboard. I did see someone post earlier that they put theirs in there make-up case and it passed right through.

Kris

Hi Kris! Small world! What a great idea....I could use a make-up case! Perfect! We also have vodkas and a couple of rums. They'll fit perfect in my make-up case....if they see the bottles through all that make-up it will be amazing....I usually can't even find the make-up that I KNOW is in there! :rolleyes:

From what I've heard, they don't actually search your carry ons for booze, but I think if you can, I would pack it just to be safe since you technically aren't supposed to bring liquor on (wine is ok). My tequila will be in an empty plastic Lipton Tea Bottle! Hope they don't do a sniff check! :eek:

Archived