Anybody sailing Armonia March 23 from Miami and question re bringing onboard pop

pepper

Nobody has joined the roll call yet.  Would love to see who else is going.  We have not cruised in 8 years and never on MSC.  Checking out shore excursions for our ports, not via MSC.  My last cruises years ago have been on RCCL and Carnival, and roll calls were huge.  It was great getting to know some people, and on my Mediterranea Cruise, all of our excursions were booked together, so it was a great experience.  Any takers for March 23?  Roll Call is available for signup, as well you need to signing up for Meet & Mingle. 

Pop questions:  Their policy is nothing, not even tine wine other lines allow.  So, if I actually packed some pop for family (probably a case) and a liquor bottle for me (the only one who drink), in your experience, how often do they confiscate?  

MSC rule is NO food or drinks of any kind to be brought on board -other people may say its OK . You do run the risk of the liquor being confiscated and the pop not being loaded. on the cruises we have done there is a cage of confiscated booze as you board from the dock

There are various threads on this if you scroll and many different opinions

3 hours ago, pepper said:

and a liquor bottle for me (the only one who drink), in your experience, how often do they confiscate?  

Surprisingly there is no offical statistic for this. After many years of cruising with MSC I only can tell you sometimes they are super strict and confiscate everything. Sometimes they are super lazy and let everything go thru. Certainly, if you bring six bottles of wine or other drinks, then they will not be lazy.

My guideline: 1 bottle of wine per suitcase gives you a good chance. 

• Like 1