Suggestions Needed

gkthorn

We just gained our Elite Status in May and immediately booked the December 19th cruise going round trip from Los Angeles to Hawaii.  

In May our travel agent put us on the waiting list for Club Class.  On September 20th she made our final payment and inquired about our waiting list status.  Well, apparently we were taken off the list with no explanation, so our travel agent asked for us to be put on this list again.  I called a couple of weeks ago regarding another matter and inquired about our status.  Again, we were taken of the list.  This time they said we were taken off the list because an email was not responded to regarding confirmation of acceptance.  I never received the email and neither did my Travel Agent.  Again, we requested to be put on the list.  I told my Travel Agent to automatically accept, if a confirmation was requested. 

Today I received an email notifying us to confirm our upgrade for Club Class.  I contacted my Travel Agent who was puzzled because she did not receive this email.  What a hassle, yet finally Club Class achieved or so I thought.  My travel agent tonight was making the the upgrade payment and was informed they were going to take the majority of our onboard credit, which amounts to $1300, away.  My travel agent asked them to reconsider and they will be contacting her with the results tomorrow.

Just trying to be preventive in case they don't honor a chunk of our onboard credit.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My wife loves Club Class and having it for 15 days is a treat and saves us from the enduring dining waiting.  So, I'm just crossing my fingers, but please reply with any thoughts.

Glenn

You can eat every night in Specialty dining for $900. So losing $1300, plus the additional cost to get Club Class would not be worth it to me. Is there a wait every night for Anytime dining? If they won't let you keep your OBC, I would skip it and either try for a time with less wait, or plan some nights in a specialty dining location

• Like 1