Queen Elizabeth Alaska Cabin question/suggestion

tempusfugits

I'd love to hear back from anyone who has sailed to Alaska on QE and has recommendation or suggestion for Balcony cabin preference.  I have been considering a cabin towards the aft (6203) but can save some money by selecting a forward cabin.  If anyone has stayed in 6203, please let me know your thoughts with respect to how quiet the cabin is as well as whether it's better to be forward or aft when looking out for wildlife, glaciers, etc. 

And if there is no feedback on this specific cabins on QE, it would be appreciated if you could share what your favorite balcony cabin on QE is and why.

Many thanks for any recommendations.

None of the balcony cabins deck 4 are obstructed by lifeboats in front of them. If booking, I think you would find those towards aft (perhaps near stairwell C)would feel less pitch in rough seas than those very far forward, and the extra balcony space appreciated.

For our Alaska cruise we received a slight upgrade from a standard balcony to one of the slightly larger ones, namely 4146. It is longer on one side than the other and therefore has its window and balcony door on an angle. This provides about 50% more space than a standard balcony. The only downside to this larger balcony on Deck 4 is that the forward view is blocked by a lifeboat, but the side view is the same as any other balcony.

I would book one of these again, although it would probably be on a higher deck so the view would be better. The equivalent staterooms on decks 5, 6 and 7 are a slightly higher category.  There are also similar staterooms further forward.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:45 PM, tempusfugits said:

I'd love to hear back from anyone who has sailed to Alaska on QE and has recommendation or suggestion for Balcony cabin preference.  I have been considering a cabin towards the aft (6203) but can save some money by selecting a forward cabin.  If anyone has stayed in 6203, please let me know your thoughts with respect to how quiet the cabin is as well as whether it's better to be forward or aft when looking out for wildlife, glaciers, etc. 

And if there is no feedback on this specific cabins on QE, it would be appreciated if you could share what your favorite balcony cabin on QE is and why.

Many thanks for any recommendations.

The difficulty with choosing a balcony cabin on an Alaskan cruise is that there will be occasions when you need to observe both port and starboard sides eg passing whales or dolphins, a bear seen on the banks etc.  One way to get some view of both sides is an aft balcony - but you will pay for the privilege!!