Do I include flights in trip cost?

Kfrech

Traveling 6/10-6/20 Vancouver and an Alaskan cruise. Our flights will be insured under our Chase credit card (trip cancellation, baggage, etc.). I am using insuremytrip.com to search for trip insurance. I don't need "cancel for any reason"; looking for primary medical coverage and medical evacuation coverage.

Not sure how to account for the flights.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, Kfrech said:

Traveling 6/10-6/20 Vancouver and an Alaskan cruise. Our flights will be insured under our Chase credit card (trip cancellation, baggage, etc.). I am using insuremytrip.com to search for trip insurance. I don't need "cancel for any reason"; looking for primary medical coverage and medical evacuation coverage.

Not sure how to account for the flights.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Some policies require you to insure ALL nonrefundable trip costs if getting preexisting condition waivers and/or CFAR.

Your question mentioned no CFAR but no mention of preexisting waiver.

If neither, then no, you wouldn’t have to include air.

As a matter of fact, if you don’t need either, you can cover as little or as much as you want. If you only cover $1, you still get the max medical and evac. All the other comprehensive coverages pay out a % of amount covered or up the amount covered.

Thank you. No need for CFAR or a pre-existing waiver.

I'd like to make sure my understanding is correct: since airfare is covered under credit card (trip cancellation, baggage, etc.), I do not need to include  those in the total cost of trip. However, I do want the cost of the cruise for multiple people to be insured in the event that we have to cancel due to sickess, of either ourselves or a family member. Although the cruise is only from 6/13-6/20, the dates of our trip are actually 6/10-6/20. I use those dates when looking for a quote.

Thank you once again.

@Kfrech: Depending on which Chase card you have, it may give you what you need for cruise cancellation too.  If the cruise cost will put you over the cancellation max for Chase, then you should be able to use a trip cost for the amount you need over what Chase will cover.  If you elect to go this way, I would call a good broker for advice rather than purchasing online.  That way you know you are purchasing exactly what you need.