Princess's "Best Sale Ever"

gkthorn

4 hours ago, kiwichick62 said:

Thanks Champagnebarfly, the sale has started here in New Zealand.  The terms here do state "for new bookings only"  I will phone Princess later today, doesn't hurt to try!

Australian /New Zealand sale doesn't appear to include gratuities. Tried to do a mock booking on Princess and inclusions are premioan drink package and wifi. Also discount off 3rd and 4th passenger.

2 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Australian /New Zealand sale doesn't appear to include gratuities. Tried to do a mock booking on Princess and inclusions are premium drink package and wifi. Also discount off 3rd and 4th passenger.

Gratuities are baked into the cruise fare in your market.  So, Princess may have somewhat adjusted the fares to cover all or some of the grats.  I would not know since I don't see those prices.  But if you knew the before/after pricing, you might get a clue.  But that would also be a challenge since the fares would have gone up in all likelihood since they were giving the drink package.

I have had a final reply from both Princess and my TA.  They can only do it as a re-booking and in doing so I would lose my non-refundable EZ air booking.  I got the flights at a very good price after a $600 deduction.  The airfares have since risen so even if I had flexi flights the added price rise would cost me another $1,200..... Swings and roundabouts....  Will be content with getting a good deal on the airfare while missing out on a drinks package.   Thanks for the input CCers I won't be pushing for a change in my booking. 😊  (Now wondering if Princess operates differently in this part of the world.)

Steelers - Gratuities are built in for Aussie/Kiwi cruisers for cruises departing from this part of the world only.  Any other areas we pay gratuities like everyone else - I have the option to pre-pay gratuities for my Baltics cruise in my cruise planner.   I didn't pay seperate gratuities on the NZ cruise we did in January  :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Gratuities are baked into the cruise fare in your market.  So, Princess may have somewhat adjusted the fares to cover all or some of the grats.  I would not know since I don't see those prices.  But if you knew the before/after pricing, you might get a clue.  But that would also be a challenge since the fares would have gone up in all likelihood since they were giving the drink package.

Grats are included in fare on cruises leaving from / arriving Australian ports.  For cruises in other parts of the world are not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiwichick62 said:

Steelers - Gratuities are built in for Aussie/Kiwi cruisers for cruises departing from this part of the world only.  Any other areas we pay gratuities like everyone else - I have the option to pre-pay gratuities for my Baltics cruise in my cruise planner.   I didn't pay seperate gratuities on the NZ cruise we did in January

1 hour ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Grats are included in fare on cruises leaving from / arriving Australian ports.  For cruises in other parts of the world are not.

Sorry, I must have missed context as I thought the post was referring to an Aussie/NZ cruise. 

On 12/17/2019 at 12:06 PM, kiwichick62 said:

Does anyone know if the codes will work for us in New Zealand/Aussie.  The sale is available here now.  I am waiting to hear back from my travel agent to see if I can get the upgrades without having to re-fare or re-book my cruise in April.  If they say no I will send my agent the codes and explain that other agents have used them successfully.  Cross fingers for me, the sale would mean big savings for us 😃

I am an Australian Travel agent and I had no problem amending my clients to this new deal. In Australia it is called Oceans of offers. However please know it is not available on all cruises and the codes are different in Australia vs the US.  All promotions have codes attached to them, so when you input the code it is effectively re-faring the booking.  As an agent when we go into the reservation system , the system will only show the lowest fares. To see all fares you need to go into a different screen called fare comparisons and select the promo you want.  Hope that helps

18 hours ago, Deb_in_Aussie said:

I am an Australian Travel agent and I had no problem amending my clients to this new deal. In Australia it is called Oceans of offers. However please know it is not available on all cruises and the codes are different in Australia vs the US.  All promotions have codes attached to them, so when you input the code it is effectively re-faring the booking.  As an agent when we go into the reservation system , the system will only show the lowest fares. To see all fares you need to go into a different screen called fare comparisons and select the promo you want.  Hope that helps

Thanks Deb 😊 NZ here and my Baltics cruise is eligible for the Oceans of offers promotion. 

My agent had a good chat with me, if I refared my cruise I would have lost my non-refundable EZ air flights which I got at discount on promotion. The same airfares now cost $1,000 more on the airlines website.  Anyway, content now with what we have and looking forward to our future travels.  😁