A blast from the past!

norm2002

Hi all

I don't suppose anyone here will remember me. I used to travel on the triplets quite a lot but my last cruise was in 2008! I got married around that time but my wife was worried about going on a cruise and, no longer being single, I was happy to go on 'more conventional' holidays with her. However, she has now been persuaded to give it a try and she is jumping in the deep end as we are in the process of booking on the Sojourn next October for 21 days to be with some good friends who have already booked that cruise.

I am getting quite excited at the prospect and I ought to be getting my 200 day pin on the cruise.

I expect it will be quite a change after the triplets but, from everything I read, I am really looking forward to it.

A few of you may remember I posted here on Cruisecritic direct from the Spirit immediately after the ship was attacked by pirates off the coast of Somalia. I can hardly believe that, at the time of our cruise next year, it will have been fifteen years!

Anyway, greetings to all and, particularly, anyone who remembers me.

Norman

Edited by norm2002

Hi Norman

We are on the Sojourn next October starting in Vancouver (33 days).  I assume you are embarking in LA?  

This will be our 2nd Seabourn cruise - our first was also on the Sojourn.

Looking forward to the cruise.  Welcome back to cruising!

Linda

1 hour ago, CruisingAlong4Now said:

I remember sailing under the Tower Bridge on the triplets.. Nostalgia is good and bad.

That is one of my favorite bits of nostalgia. I lived in London at the time and two or three times I went to Tower Bridge, when I wasn't sailing, just to watch the Pride sail out under the fully open bridge. I even made a video of it. For most craft the bridge only opens partially.

1 hour ago, Catlover54 said:

Welcome back to SB!  I hope you and your wife and friends enjoy the Sojourn next year, and many more cruises afterwards.

7 minutes ago, LMB01 said:

Hi Norman

We are on the Sojourn next October starting in Vancouver (33 days).  I assume you are embarking in LA?  

This will be our 2nd Seabourn cruise - our first was also on the Sojourn.

Looking forward to the cruise.  Welcome back to cruising!

Linda

Thank you both for the welcome. Yes, Linda, we will be boarding in LA and you will be seasoned travellers by the time we board.

6 hours ago, norm2002 said:

That is one of my favorite bits of nostalgia. I lived in London at the time and two or three times I went to Tower Bridge, when I wasn't sailing, just to watch the Pride sail out under the fully open bridge. I even made a video of it. For most craft the bridge only opens partially.

Have you posted the video online? I'd love to see it.

Welcome back.

Hi Norman,

Good to hear that you and your wife are both OK and you are coming back to Seabourn. Brian and I remember you well and you get a mention when we are reminiscing. We still miss the triplets but have fallen in love with having a balcony so the Odyssey class ships are our ships of choice. Hope you have a fabulous cruise and your wife gets hooked.

Kathryn