MSC all inclusive digital photo package

Maikell

Ahoy there!

Soon we will sail with the msc meraviglia. 
we would like to book an all-inclusive digital photo package. 
Can someone explain clearly how this photo package works? 

In addition, I would like to know when I purchase this package, 
can i also take photos together with someone else of my party from another cabin?
Will this photo be included in my all-inclusive digital photo package?

57 minutes ago, Maikell said:

Ahoy there!

Soon we will sail with the msc meraviglia. 
we would like to book an all-inclusive digital photo package. 
Can someone explain clearly how this photo package works? 

In addition, I would like to know when I purchase this package, 
can i also take photos together with someone else of my party from another cabin?

Hi Maikell,

we are setting sail on the grandiosa of MSC and found out that it is allowed to have pictures with guests in other cabins as long as they are in your party. However when I want to book it online I have to choose all the members of our party. My answer is not very helpful but I hope someone has the right answer. 

happy Holidays and a wonderful cruise!

Marloes 

We did this package on the Seaside and it's really quite simple. When you board, go straight to the photo area and pick up your VIP photo card. Whenever you get your photo taken, hand them this VIP card instead of any of your cabin cards or wristbands. Whatever they take with that card scan will automatically go in your package. If you use any of the cabin cards or wristbands from the cabin, it should technically go in your package, but you may have to track them down manually at the photo area and get them linked to the account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

We did this package on the Seaside and it's really quite simple. When you board, go straight to the photo area and pick up your VIP photo card. Whenever you get your photo taken, hand them this VIP card instead of any of your cabin cards or wristbands. Whatever they take with that card scan will automatically go in your package. If you use any of the cabin cards or wristbands from the cabin, it should technically go in your package, but you may have to track them down manually at the photo area and get them linked to the account.

Thanks for the clear answer! Do you know how it works for the next question;

3 hours ago, Maikell said:

Thanks for the clear answer! Do you know how it works for the next question;

Technically, it should include any photos that have anybody in the cabin that purchased a package. Practically, I would make sure they scan the VIP card so it just automatically gets included in your package. If both cabins have the VIP photo card, ask if they can scan two cards so that the photos go to both. 

4 hours ago, mamaneedsavacay said:

When you board, go straight to the photo area and pick up your VIP photo card.

We never picked up a VIP photo card. Our (YC) cruise card numbers were linked to our photo account and we used either of the cruise cards or our (YC) wrist bands when the photos were taken. We got our photo account number to access and download our photos.

7 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

We never picked up a VIP photo card. Our (YC) cruise card numbers were linked to our photo account and we used either of the cruise cards or our (YC) wrist bands when the photos were taken. We got our photo account number to access and download our photos.

It may be that straight forward when you have 2 adults in one cabin.

It just depends on the complexity of the booking. We had a super family booking, which puts one adult in each of two connecting cabins and so technically one one adult had the package, even though we booked as one super family. The VIP card was the easiest thing for us (having asked a similar question on the board two years ago) rather than explaining our booking when trying to collect photos at the end. 

2 hours ago, stoneman56 said:

We didn't bother taking any of the photos they took of us on our recent cruise. They were so photoshopped it was laughable

Not my experience. We had the “All-inclusive digital photo package” and got the pics in high-resolution JPEG format , not edited.

It was on Seaview, Bellissima and Meraviglia.

We have printed quite a lot files at our local photo shop and the results are stunning.

Definitely photos I am proud to show and display in my home.

• 2 years later...

Hi @mamaneedsavacay!  Sorry to dig up an old thread, but wanted to learn more about the all-inclusive digital photo package.

You mentioned that you were a family spread across two cabins/super family cabin/etc.  As I look to purchase the package now, it talks about it not being valid for people not in the purchaser's cabin, even if they are in the travelling party and/or in super family cabin.

We'll be a family of 7 split across 2 cabins (parents/kids/grandparents).  I'm trying to figure out whether we need to buy one of the $150 packages... or if we'll have to purchase 2 of them - 1 for each cabin... in order to get everyone's pictures?

Thanks for any insights!

• 1 year later...

Hi thinking of getting a digital package for our cabin of 2.  Does it include those more formal shots other cruise lines do on formal nights and the "fun" style photos they do onboard with different screens and characters?