Hop On Hop Off Tours post cruise - Miami

mom2two2

I was looking at the hop on hop off Miami tour post cruise through Royal and had some questions if anyone has done this one.

1. We would have to self disembark and go right on the tour as the available time that day is 8:00 am - having never self disembarked is that even doable?

2. Is there anywhere on the bus to store luggage or someplace where the tour departs that will hold it for us?

TIA

2 hours ago, mom2two2 said:

I was looking at the hop on hop off Miami tour post cruise through Royal and had some questions if anyone has done this one.

1. We would have to self disembark and go right on the tour as the available time that day is 8:00 am - having never self disembarked is that even doable?

2. Is there anywhere on the bus to store luggage or someplace where the tour departs that will hold it for us?

TIA

1. Yes, it is doable

2. Yes, they will hold your bags while you tour.

You might look at doing this on your own compared to what RCI will charge - I believe there are two competing hop-on/off bus companies operating in Miami.  You can Uber from the port to South Beach (under $20), pay to store your bags at the Luggage Lounge, and then catch one of the tour buses from there.  Post tour you can Uber to the MIA airport (about $20+) or ride the Airport Flyer bus to the airport (about $3 each).

I would also post this question on the RCI board to see if someone with firsthand experience with getting off that early, luggage storage and the tour can give you some pointers.  Have a great cruise! 😎