Inside cabins on Elation

Icon5

I am planning our first cruise ever on Elation and was wondering about the inside cabins. Since money IS an issue I would rather spend it on fun stuff rather than a room. BUT I do not want to feel like I am sleeping in a closet either.

Any suggestions or comments would help.

Thanks,

I have never had an inside cabin, but in looking at the pictures of them, they appear to be identical to the outside cabins except for the window. They even have a 'window' with a curtain just for looks. We have always used a 6D and if your's in that category it will be quite lovely.

Icon, honestly it will depend on how many you're putting in the cabin. Plenty of room for two. There are three of us, myself, DW and DD who is only 5, so we either get a triple with a convertible couch or 1 upper and always have plenty of room. I would imagine 3 adults might be a little tight (I'll let you know after we get back my 2 BILs and my nephew are sharing a cabin).

The 1As (upper/lower) are small, but the category 4s are about the same as the outside cabins. There is even a light at the far side of the cabin where the window is in an outside cabin which makes it a little brighter.

I am planning our first cruise ever on Elation and was wondering about the inside cabins. Since money IS an issue I would rather spend it on fun stuff rather than a room. BUT I do not want to feel like I am sleeping in a closet either.

Any suggestions or comments would help.

Thanks,

The rooms are just as large as the oceanviews. There is even a curtain which mimics a closed window. We have learned that we didnt spend much time in the room anyway other than to sleep so getting a cabin with a window or balcony just does not make sense dollar wise. A balcony is nice but not enough to justify the cost especially if I could take two cruises with an inside for the same price.

Dave

Cabin sizes are the same, just no natural light. Here's a tip. Since there is no light in the morning, set you TV to the ship's channel that shows the camera outside. At night, it is dark, but in the morning, it provides a little light and acts as a window. You can also see the weather as soon as you get up.

Cabin sizes are the same, just no natural light. Here's a tip. Since there is no light in the morning, set you TV to the ship's channel that shows the camera outside. At night, it is dark, but in the morning, it provides a little light and acts as a window. You can also see the weather as soon as you get up.
Thats very smart.We almost missed a port of call due to the darkness of the inside cabins.We woke up to find out it was almost noon:eek::)

We were on the Elation back in June. The DD and her best friend had an inside cabin and is was DARK. We had an outside cabin right across the hall from them and they would sleep until noon, if we let them. But for the life of us we can not remember a tv channel that had a view of the outside of the ship.

But for the life of us we can not remember a tv channel that had a view of the outside of the ship.

I haven't been on the Elation, but they had it on the Paradise, which is a sister ship, so I would assume that they have it on the Elation as well. RCCL has it on their ships also, and we do this every time.

On our last cruise on the Elation (july 2005) we had our first inside. They are very much like an oceanview, but without a window. We actually liked it better then a oceanview. We got alot more rest and the room was real cozy! The only thing is it will be dark. We brought a night light and it helped us alot! Well I say go for it! The inside cabins are great!

Here is a picture of our room E-96!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/392483680/1392590326052497158bvjBxM

We booked an IS on the Elation January 2005 there were 4 of us (3 adults and a 19 year old). We had a quad (2 upper 2 lower) it worked out perfect. We did not feel like we were in a closet. But of course we got ready at different times. My husband and I would get ready first and meet our 2 daughters later on deck or in the atrium before dinner. It worked out really well for us.

Use your phone to give you a wake up call. That way it wont matter if its dark in your room in the AM. We have had both inside and OV rooms, we liked them both. No matter, just depends on how your pocket book is feeling. You will have fun either way!

We ALWAYS book inside cabins, since we'd rather save the money for other things (like excursions, souveniers, great drinks, etc). The cabins are perfectly fine for 2 adults. Plenty of room. And especially dark for great sleeping! We always carry along a plug-in nightlight so my wife can find her way to the bathroom during the night.

You'll have a great time by booking an inside cabin, so don't worry! Have a great cruise!!!

:cool: Bill

Archived