Mariner Owners Suite

awdl2000

Hi Everyone,

I need to be sold on this...My DH wants to top the "Jones' " in cabin selection on our upcoming cruise. here is the thing...go right ahead and laugh.... I dont even know what concerage is, or the difference between a wet & dry bar...ok maybe i know the bar thing but.....So i need a little bit of help from my cc friend to learn all of the perks of an owners suite. I am a simple girl but every now and then a little spoinling is good, but before I book this I need to know just how spoiled I will be!!!!

Thanks

Hi, I am booked in the owners suite 1320 next month on mariner. From what I can tell, twice the size of he jr suite. dry bar, no sink. better bathrooms and more room overall. I believe they have a private lounge for suite holders that has free drinks from 5:30 to 8:30 and someone to help make reservations, etc for you. supposedly there are robes, etc. frankly, I am getting it because of the extra room. of course free drinks will help keep my booze expenses down. enjoy

We had the grand oceanview suite on the Mariner 2 years ago. It was fabulous! We were celebrating our 25th anniversary, and our teenage son was along for the ride.

It was a very comfortable cabin with a sitting area (son slept on sofa bed there), full bathtub, DVD player, nice mirrored closets, balcony (2 lounge chairs and a small table), small fridge in the bar area. There were other perks that we weren't even aware of when we booked: we had a separate check-in line at Port Canaveral, 2 robes, access to concierge service (this is well worth it -- she was very helpful in terms of reservations, tickets, etc.), and concierge lounge. They also delivered marvelous goodies to our cabin every day -- gourmet brownies one day, cheese and fruit the next (like we really needed more food) -- you get the idea. I'm sure I've forgotten something.

We have booked another cruise for June, and we selected the same class of cabin. We're spoiled! Once our son is no longer traveling with us, my husband and I would be quite content with a nice balcony cabin, but with all 3 of us traveling together, the extra space and amenities of this cabin were, IMHO, well worth it.

The Owners Suite on the Voyager class and Marinier specifically are great suites. They have a long balconey that includes a patio door in the bedroom and living room. They have a 42" plasma TV that swivels between the bedroom and living room. There is a stereo with DVD player below the TV cabinet. The bathroom is huge compared to normal rooms and includes a whirlpool bath and bidet.

I found the extra room useful, although we never really used the wet bar or dining room area aside from using the table to hold stuff. The concierge lounge was nice, although we never really used it a lot for cocktails. The concierge onthe Mariner is very good and will help you with almost anything, including ice show tickets and disembarkation options.

Only problem with the OS is trying to downgrade later....I cannot imagine a smaller room after a week there on such a magnificent ship.

Archived