Celebrity Kids Programs

QueenZaphod

Just to clarify, if we are on an all day excursion that our daughter chooses to opt out of, she can stay in the children's club, all day, but we pay for the supervised lunch time. Is this correct?

We are looking at 12-14 days in the med next summer and I know she won't want to go along in all of the ports, she loves being on the boat. Other ships we have been on continue their programming throughout port days. I don't mind paying, I just want to make sure that opting out is an option. I don't want to have to plan around having to return to the ship, or dragging her on an excursion that she isn't interested in.

This is one of the great things about cruising for our family. With two teens and a younger child it is great to be able to structure days that meet with everyone's approval.

Just to clarify, if we are on an all day excursion that our daughter chooses to opt out of, she can stay in the children's club, all day, but we pay for the supervised lunch time. Is this correct?

Yes, this is correct. Just don't miss getting back on the ship!!

When we were on Horizon, the kids programs often started up in the cafe area. But their activities took them to all places aboard the ship including a bridge tour to meet the ship's master. Photos of Horizon Kids Program

There was no kids pool on the ship and I don't believe there is one aboard Zenith either.

Thanks for the info and pictures. We're taking four children, ages 7, 8, 8, and 10 on a five day on the Zenith. I think they'll LOVE the activities once they meet some of the counselors and other children.

Did they give you "walkie talkies" or any other means to keep in contact with the children?

How did you register the children in the program.

Also, are you allowed to swim in the pools before the ship sails away on departure day? We were thinking we'd have the kids wear their suits under their clothes and pack some towels. We want to get to the port early (around 11) and get on board as early as possible.

Thanks for your help.

Karen in Kentucky

Thanks for the info and pictures. We're taking four children, ages 7, 8, 8, and 10 on a five day on the Zenith. I think they'll LOVE the activities once they meet some of the counselors and other children.

Did they give you "walkie talkies" or any other means to keep in contact with the children?

How did you register the children in the program.

Also, are you allowed to swim in the pools before the ship sails away on departure day? We were thinking we'd have the kids wear their suits under their clothes and pack some towels. We want to get to the port early (around 11) and get on board as early as possible.

Thanks for your help.

Karen in Kentucky

There are no walkie talkies issued. When you drop off your child each time with the counselors, you sign your child in and you indicate in general where you will be.

The youth counselors have a registration table set up in the ship's terminal to take care of you as you board. You sign the paperwork, wristbands are attached to your kids, and you get some paper information. You cannot miss the registration table (just like you cannot miss getting your embarkation pictures taken!). There is also an orientation given by the counselors at around 8pm on the first evening.

When you first board the ship, the pools are covered and are not accessible. I don't know when the crew actually gets around to opening up the pools on the first day (if at all).

Did they give you "walkie talkies" or any other means to keep in contact with the children?How did you register the children in the program.

Also, are you allowed to swim in the pools before the ship sails away on departure day? and pack some towels.

Karen in Kentucky

There are no walkie talkies, but they will issue a beeper if you request it. Yes, they normally open the pools on embarkation day. No need to bring towels, they have them on deck near the pool.

• 1 month later...

It's good to hear all these possitive reviews. My soon to be 7 year old has cruised twice with RCI and once with HAL. We love RCI. Thought HAL was trying on new family oriented Vista class ship, but found it a little lacking.

I know some of you have been on non-holiday or non-spring break sailings. We are scheduled to go on the Millenium 1/28/07. Have any of you had experience with just a few kids onboard?

Well we cruised on the 02/02/02 Infinity sailing to the S Carib. We were sailing with our then 6 and 9 yr old kids. This is the same time of year and the same class of ship that you are booked on and same age range.

This sailing only had 50 minors on board--20 of which were enrolled in the children's program (including ours). This meant that they combined some of the age groups and had a correspondingly fewer number of counselors on board. Still, our kids had a great time--thanks to the children's program. It was still well organized and well staffed. The kids had plenty to do and were constantly wanting to go back to the Fun Factory to play with their friends.

Archived