Military discounts?

jeanneful

Military discounts are offered on several lines.

The Vacation-To-Go web site has a military discount listing of all lines and ships available. Also MOAA has a web site that has military discounts available, again sorted by cruise line.

Nearly all lines offer military rates and any good TA will able to help you. All you have to do is tell the TA you would like the discount, she or he will check for you. Like other discounts, they are not always available due to high demand. Good luck, give your favorite TA a call today and happy sailing. NMNita

While most lines offer military discounts, as far as I know, Carnival is the only one that extends the program to former military (not necessarily retirees). Although I have never used the discount yet, that might lower the price enough for me to consider select Carnival cruises. It seems I have seen these offered through various agencies, and you don't have to go through Carnival.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Guest debbiejohncruise

I have also noticed that when you click on military rates - only certain ships offer them and only on certain cruises - not all of them. We are military and not getting a discount on the Northern Europe cruise. C'est la vie! Debbie and John

Thanks everyone for all the information.

We went on a cruise in Dec. on Carnival and our kids are in the Military so we got the discount because of them, and it saved us about 500.00 per cabin. I do know that there are only so many rooms at the Military price. My husband was in the Military so I sent off for the DD214 form (which we can't find) so we will be able to get the Military discounts. Hope Celebrity offers them!!

being a retired 24 year army vet, i have found that some lines only extend the discount to "active" military. they go so far that if you state you are presently in the reserves they require you to present orders showing your present activation.

our last cruise was booked with a military discount, i don't think we saved $500 per cabin as previously stated, but i think we saved maybe $200, which is nothing to complain about!

i just appreciate the fact that they are recognizing the military.

Archived