Best beach for snorkeling?

roxanne207

I've decided to give up on my more complicated plans for my one day in Cozumel, and am just going to go with the beach club that has the best snorkeling. I don't care about sand, pools, or a big party atmosphere, I just want somewhere I can get to and from easily by cab and the best snorkeling from shore. I also need to be able to rent equipment. My top two picks are Playa Corona and Playa Azul. Which would you chose, or I am open to other opinions? Also are any of the beach clubs adult only?

19 minutes ago, roxanne207 said:

I've decided to give up on my more complicated plans for my one day in Cozumel, and am just going to go with the beach club that has the best snorkeling. I don't care about sand, pools, or a big party atmosphere, I just want somewhere I can get to and from easily by cab and the best snorkeling from shore. I also need to be able to rent equipment. My top two picks are Playa Corona and Playa Azul. Which would you chose, or I am open to other opinions? Also are any of the beach clubs adult only?

You can get any where on the west side easily by cab.

Ā 

Other regularly suggested options would be Money Bar,Ā Sky Reef or Buccanos. We like Buccanos very much although we havenā€™t snorkeled and boycott it on cruise ship days because ofĀ their admissionĀ Ā policy for cruisers where they charge ($20?) pp to include snorkeling gear,Ā whether you need it or not, which may work in your favor!Ā 
Ā 

Money Bar is most often recommended (although i seem to remember Mitsugirly in her photo intensive review finding it disappointing),Ā so like everywhere - it depends on the day. None are adult-only other than the new club Del Mar Latino, Ā near to International pier. People I spoke to said snorkeling there was good early in the day but the water could be rough and the rocky, step entrance slippy.

Ā 

Not sure which pier you are coming into? Ā - there is also Jeannies and No Name Bar in town.

Ā 

Not sure if you can rent equipment at Corona? - it isĀ very basic.

On 12/29/2019 at 3:56 PM, roxanne207 said:

Welcome to the boards! šŸ˜Ž

Ā 

None of the options are Adult only, but the lack of a Sandy beach, pool or water toys tends to keep the number of kids way down at the Money Bar. You can rent gear there, and guides are available if needed. Taxi will be about $12 each way, and they have good facilites, lockers, etc.